• R, 1 hr. 46 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

My Life Without Me Reviews

Hamee
May 19, 2014
The cast was great, but the movie was so slow that I really had a hard time caring about what was going on.
April 29, 2014
Even though it fails to make you sympathize with the characters and gives a rather unnatural mechanism of story development (a "what to do before I die list), it shows a human and understandable reaction from a person that knows her death is imminent. Fantastic performance my Sarah Polley. If they could manage to keep inside the borders of realism this could have been a great film.
January 3, 2014
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 3, 2013
It's amazing. One of my favorite films of all time.
April 11, 2013
What could have been a total clichée movie wasn't but instead it was quite brilliant and entertaining despite the serious theme.
March 24, 2013
yo le doy un 10 es una pelicula excelente y te lleva a reflecxinar sobre la tonta vida ke abeses nos parese ke es tan dificil de llevar..yo la recomiendo mucho...
January 21, 2013
No creo que sea mala pelicula, sencillamente es injusta para cualquier espectador desinformado, porque no esta bien hacerlo pasar tan mal al personal, joder, el cine puede transmitir muchas cosas, pero no veo motivo para sufrir innecesariamente
September 21, 2012
Intriguing drama of a woman facing her own death without tons of melodrama.
December 16, 2012
That's more like it, nice and depressing.
December 7, 2012
Wouldnt mind seeing.
November 24, 2012
Bitter Sweet, Poignant!
November 24, 2012
Bitter Sweet, Poignant.
June 26, 2007
Sarah Polley broke my heart in this. What a magical film.
sirkyl
October 28, 2012
There are a few films that you watch that are so emotionally powerful, once they are over you can't remember the flaws. Like our life, it is the high points that we cling to in our hearts. It is that perfect ray of sunlight that strikes at just the right moment, in just the right place, and you carry it with you the rest of your life.

For me, the film is just about as perfect as a film gets. MY LIFE WITHOUT ME tells the story of a woman that about to die. Instead of being a sad film, the diagnosis of death is used as a platform for a heroic embracing of life. Sarah Polly does a wonderful job playing the dying Ann. Mark Ruffalo is great.Even Deborah Harry delivers a stellar performance.

I am sure critics can pick this film apart. But for me this is an amazing, inspiring tale that is worth seeing. Seriously, I believe in this film. I have had soooo many copies of it stolen by lending it out. Track it down. Watch it.

You will be better for having seen it.
September 20, 2012
Horrible, narcissistic movie. This woman thinks she is making it easier on her family and friends not to tell them she is dying of cancer. It's not easier when someone's death comes as a surprise! It's so much better for everyone to be able to know, to savor the time together and to share each other's heart and emotions.Think of the professor "Last Lecture" - He died of cancer too, and he lived life to the limits with his family, friends, and colleagues all aware. And his woman needlessly cheats on her husband who loves her, to get involved with another man, and get him involved in her life when she has 1-2 months to live. How selfish to her husband! How selfish to this other man! The movie is so unrealistic at the end. Playing that "trick" on everyone, and getting sick and dying when your family did not know you had terminal cancer, is the utmost of selfishness and disregard for people you love and who love you. I'd like to give this movie a zero or negative number. I will never get this 2 hours back. Complete waste of time. NOT WORTH YOUR TIME OR ENERGY.
November 2, 2010
Poignant and touching without being sentimental. One of Polley's finest performances.
August 25, 2012
Sarah Polley is superb.
July 23, 2012
A very good movie. A must see.
June 24, 2012
You don't know who or what you're praying to, but you pray. You don't even regret the life that you're not gonna have, because by then you'll be dead. And the dead don't feel anything. Not even regret.