My Name Is Bill W. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Name Is Bill W. Reviews

October 2, 2008
Good dramatization of the start of AA.
January 7, 2012
James Woods plays Bill Wilson, the founder of Alcoholics Anonymous. Now that's what I call good casting!
December 19, 2011
An incredible story of how AA was founded. I've been lucky enough to never have a drinking (or drug) problem but I pray for those who have / do. Never give up hope. Find someone either you care about or who cares about you and take that first step. It's hell but it's not impossible.
September 22, 2015
really liked this historical bio-pic
½ November 9, 2013
I love Bill W. and love the Twelve Steps even more... but this was awful.
August 26, 2012
Well acted and directed. The subject is very dear to my heart
January 7, 2012
December 19, 2011
July 6, 2010
½ February 25, 2010
Has an overwhelming "Made for TV" feel to it.
½ February 10, 2010
I learned a lot about how AA got started.
½ November 27, 2009
Very well done, all around good
September 12, 2009
Well acted and directed. The subject is very dear to my heart
½ March 22, 2008
This movie tells how Alcoholics Anonymous got started!
June 25, 2009
Even better second time. :)
December 27, 2008
Great movie! i just watched it in my Alcohol Therapy class and it was definitely touching. It was very much like 'Leaving Las Vegas' as where it clearly gives the message that alcoholism ruins lives. James Woods displays absolutely remarkable acting! a truly unforgettable performance. I subtracted one star because the film tends to lag and becomes repetitive in some areas, but i guess the repetitiveness was necessary to get the message across. 4-stars.
October 17, 2008
Not bad, but it put me to sleep.
October 2, 2008
Good dramatization of the start of AA.
April 22, 2008
A must-see for any 12-Steppers!