My Super Ex-Girlfriend - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Super Ex-Girlfriend Reviews

½ July 16, 2007
A wee bit of fun, a guilty pleasure, reversing the traditional superhero dynamic: what if a woman had the superpowers? In this film, played for yuck-yuck-yuck-yuck-yucks, naturally she' d have to be, er, you know, a little, er, difficult, yah?
So what if its a one joke premise? The ensemble has some fun with it, with Luke Wilson as Lois Lane, Rainn Wilson as Jimmy Olsen, and Eddie Izzard as Lex Luthor.
And of course, me always liking some Uma Thurman and Anna Faris.
Its better than it sounds.
TheGame90
November 29, 2011
Welll this certanly stinks. It's just not okay. Nothing bad agains Luke or Uma. They're both allright. But who can perform under these conditions?
September 30, 2011
Inexplicably, I love this movie.
TheDudeLebowski65
August 1, 2011
My Super Ex-Girlfriend is a terrible film with a unique idea that could've been terrific. I feel that the film could have been much better if there was better talent involved. The cast didn't do anything for me, and I felt that jokes were stale, and most of the time, unfunny. The concept of the story is interesting, but the actors here are mediocre and don't do anything unique. I laughed a few times, but once the film was over, I felt like I wasted my time overall. Ivan Reitman has had a great career, but with this film, it makes it to his forgettable films list. There's not much going on here, except for bad acting and forced jokes that aren't funny most of time. I love comedies, but My Super Ex-Girlfriend is a failed attempt at creating something very funny. Instead My Super Ex-Girlfriend is a disappointment and is a film thats easily forgettable. There's nothing going on in this film, and the end result is pretty pointless. A comedy that simply doesn't work, My Super Ex-Girlfriend is simply a bad film that you realize could have been better with a better cast and a better script. The idea is good, but theres nothing really good here to be entertained. A pointless, boring and most of the time, unfunny film.
murphmann93
June 24, 2011
Quite funny! Uma Thurman plays a great obsessed ex-girlfriend, she was the funniest of the film.
½ August 3, 2006
Having very low expectations of this film, I was satisfied that it turned into a watchable no-brainer of a movie, with a few comical moments.

An easy Sunday afternoon viewing with some funny moments which mostly come from Luke Wilson's comedy sidekick Rainn Wilson
½ January 23, 2011
It was okay. Nothing I haven't seen before. Luke Wilson was terrible in this movie! I expected better of him. The action is cool but most of the comedy has been used.

Grade: C-
FiLmCrAzY
September 9, 2007
OMFG this is probably the most cheesiest and most rubbish superhero movie ive seen since the avengers with ralph fiennes!
the storyline is ridiculas and is just annoying cringing to watch! its not even funny either!
A really terrible movie that should be avoided at all costs!
½ June 15, 2010
I really just like the IDEA of the film.
This movie is a lot like popcorn: It was fun at first, but after a while I just got sick of it. (RIP Mitch Hedberg)
½ January 13, 2010
Pretty Funny, but I expected soo much more!
October 20, 2009
The sex scene with the bed hitting the wall is classic
October 1, 2009
Should have been much better but it was a welcome relief after sitting through countless Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Lopez chick flicks! Eddie Izzard is wasted though!
½ December 31, 2006
A fairly decent turn at a rom-com with a difference. Has some funny scenes with a super hero girl who turns nasty after being broken up with. Anna Faris is good in this. Worth a watch next time it's on TV.
July 3, 2009
The film has a great premise. Super-hero is possessive and jealous within a relationship. I also think such a premise works best as a comedy, though a dark route would have also been interesting. The comedy just isn't that funny. One fantastic scene, which really takes advantage of the idea of a super hero ex-girlfriend getting revenge, shows Uma tossing a shark into Wilson's apartment. There aren't enough moments like this and perhaps the blossoming romance between Wilson and Faris is more of a dull distraction. The acting is decent enough for a film of this type. Wilson is just himself. Uma, Unfortunately, went her OTT forced cheese route that she used in Batman and Robin. Nice to see Faris as something other than a dumb blonde and Eddie Izzard, though likable, seems out of place at times. Fast and enjoyable, but takes a while to get going and then plays it safe.
June 27, 2009
Yes, I really saw this .....At the end I just thought "Wtf was this? " .Don't you dare see it , you'll regret it, as I did . A real waste of time.
June 9, 2009
yea ok i did see this my faggy dad made me see it. dont judge me.
November 16, 2008
Well, there are good points and bad points about this film. Firstly, the idea seemed pretty original, so at least it wasn't like watching the same film over and over, as you can find within Hollywood comedy. I also liked that [big spoiler] the supervillian was in love with the superheroine, this is a personal score for me.

However, to compensate for some relative originality, some occasional funny moments and the casting of Eddie Izzard (whose talents BTW were really underused) the makers of this film decided to throw in some questionable gender politics, and a whole damn bunch of stereotyped characters. I could not spot a single character with a third dimension, not even the protagonist.
Also, I find the idea that a meteorite would give someone special powers within an acceptable amount of suspension of disbelief, but that said meteorite would also make the subject stereotypically attractive is a step too far. A large rack isn't even aerodynamic.
June 21, 2007
A romantic comedy that won't cause fatal damage to the male brain.
cosmo313
½ September 10, 2007
Funny, charming, and entertaining spin on the complex personal lives of superheroes.
shauna1354
August 18, 2006
Something to watch when you have nothing better to do. Otherwise don't waste your time on it. The plot was weak and dull and the cast wasn't that good, apart from Eddie Izzard.