57% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Nancy Drew Reviews

February 14, 2010
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
June 17, 2007
Having never read the books, I'm curious what message Nancy sends young girls who desire to follow in her footsteps.
June 13, 2007
Used to read the books when I was younger. The movie looks like it will be cute and fairly entertaining.
April 16, 2014
It's not quite Agatha Christie standard, but this is simply an adolescent version of a Miss Marple. The tone of the film is what is wrong here aimed at a young audience with little for adults to enjoy from it.
February 8, 2014
The books are much better and more exciting. I like Emma Roberts but everything else could've been done better.
February 3, 2009
Being a loyalist kind of fan of the books, I expected a lot more from this movie. It was cute and a good one-time watch... but I really wanted more from this. It wasn't creepy or suspenseful like the books were. I seriously doubt the people who acted in this movie even read the books, seriously. If they do the Hardy Boys and mess it up like they did with this... *grumble*
April 15, 2008
I always like a good mystery, but what's up with the Glee-type trying-to-fit-in sideplot? It would have been more interesting if she had the help of her best friends. Nonetheless, a good attempt at reviving a classic.
July 20, 2007
The 70s series was better.
November 16, 2013
Emma Roberts is bubbly and charming as Nancy Drew, the junior detective. But despite her best efforts, Nancy Drew still lacks excitement, surprise, and compelling secondary characters.
Bengel W.
September 28, 2013
Scenically photographed childrens sleuth that puts adults to shame. Characterization is larger than life which makes this a fun drama. Music is timely and creepy and adds to the general ambiance. It has really good acting moments that are truly special, then the odd bad one. Overall its a sweet film. Nibbles: Scrambled Eggs on Toast.
June 30, 2013
As a Drew fan, I didn't mind this film too much on it's own. The mystery was interesting, and the characters were fun, but it just wasn't Nancy Drew. The franchise has yet to get a good successful screen adaptation, and I admit it would be hard to do it set in the present time (early 30s or early 60s would be best). A TV series would also work better than a movie (the 70s show was a good effort, but still no cigar).
June 10, 2013
Emma Roberts is great in this role.
April 25, 2013
pretty nice and interesting teenager movie.. easy to watch.
April 21, 2013
fantastic movie i loved it
April 12, 2013
The movie adaptation of Nancy Drew is a deceitful premise that squanders the lovable character on a slow, safe, and predictable framework.
March 27, 2013
want to see it so bad, friend's aunt is director
June 13, 2007
I want to see this simply because it's starring Emma Roberts...she's freaking hot.
June 17, 2007
i mean no i dont wanna see this!
Dann M

February 23, 2013
Emma Roberts is Nancy Drew in this campy, lighthearted comedy. When her father takes her to California on a work trip, super-sleuth Nancy Drew uses the opportunity to investigate the case of a Hollywood starlet that died mysteriously. Roberts is brilliantly cast and gives a wonderful performance that's irresistibly charming. And, the way the film integrates an old-fashion mystery into a modern setting is especially well-done. Nancy Drew is a delightful and enchanting film that's good wholesome fun.
April 2, 2012
Didn't enjoy it, I gave it 1.5 stars because it had potential but didn't improve.