MTV Movie Award Nominees Are Announced

OK, so maybe they're not the Oscars, but they sure are better than the Razzies! MTV has announced their annual Movie Award Nominees, and (not surprisingly) there are lots of interesting picks.

Up for Best Movie are "Kill Bill Vol. 2," "Napoleon Dynamite," "Spider-Man 2," "Ray," and "The Incredibles." Check out MTV.com for the rest of your favorite categories, from the normal ones (Best Actor and Actress) to the enjoyably silly ones (Best Kiss, Best Fight, Best Villain). The 2005 MTV Movie Awards will air (on MTV, of course) on June 9th.

Comments

VML

Victoria Leduc

I hope the winners are the ones that deserve the awards the most.

May 5 - 10:02 AM

the_game

Jett Burr

Winning an MTV movie award means nothing. This is an awards ceremony that has categories such as 'best kiss'??? Entertainment nothing more. You never see any movies advertising the fact that they won 5 MTV movie awards do you? I certainly hope not.

May 5 - 05:28 PM

lonechicken

Han Nguyen

"Ray" seems awfully out of place with the other best movie noms. Even if it has more music in it than what M(usic)TV shows in a full 24 hours.

May 6 - 05:25 AM

Albert

Alberto De la Hoz

"Winning an MTV movie award means nothing."

Except that even if some critics hated your movie, a whole lot of people loved it. If I were a movie director, I wouldn't mind receiving an mtv movie award. I wouldn't mind at all.

May 6 - 11:00 AM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

MTV movie awards aren't that big of a deal, but they're fun. I see Spiderman winning tons of awards.

May 8 - 01:53 PM

mrdanny

danny hannon

MTV awards (movie or video) are just one giant plug-a-thon. You always know who the winners are because they say "whos appearing" at the begining. If they are there then theres a good chance they won. The shows can be entertaning depending on whos hosting ( this year its Jimmy Fallon so it should be funny... to him anyway) but they have as much cred as a Peoples Choice Award.

May 8 - 07:35 PM

Flim Springfield

Robb P

The MTV Movie Awards aren't supposed to have "cred". They're just supposed to be fun and yes, plug the summer's big movies. Unfortunately, many winners seem to take it more and more seriously every year, sapping a lot of the fun out of it. It's a joke award and the smart ones like Jim Carrey play along and make the show funnier. People who thank God or their agent end up looking as lame as Sean Penn.

This year was a tough, tough choice for me between the Incredibles and Napoleon Dynamite. I picked the Incredibles, though. Napoleon is hilarious, but the Incredibles is one of those films movie theatres were invented for.

May 10 - 11:00 PM

speelbergo

sebastian nye

[b]I like your username[/b]

May 11 - 10:33 AM

speelbergo

sebastian nye

[b]I like your username[/b]

May 11 - 10:33 AM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel