National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Reviews

½ April 18, 2015
Not a classic but second best in the Vacation series and good Christmas staple movie.
March 28, 2015
The Griswolds are still funny despite changing kids every movie. This one celebrates Christmas at their home with zany relatives (including Cousin Eddie) with what becomes predictable results, but none the less laughable.
February 20, 2015
#3 of the griswald's finds them at X-mas
February 19, 2015
The best National Lampoon's movie yet, it's funny, sweet, and a good family Christmas movie.
February 1, 2015
Not nearly as good as the original, but there are laughs to be had.
January 31, 2015
It's a classic and one of my all time favorite movies. I can't understand how people would rate it less than 4 stars, honestly. It's just that funny, in my eyes.
August 24, 2011
This is probably the National Lampoon's way of a Christmas miracle to the Vacation series after the first two mediocrities. This is a funny family-friendly Christmas classic that's eligibly to watch traditionally for the holidays. It's also the best Vacation film of the National Lampoon series, and probably the best of the whole franchise yet. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
January 6, 2015
One of the ultimate classic Christmas films. I'd say it's almost impossible to find someone who doesn't want to watch this one every year come holiday season but I know a few who feel that way so I'm sure there are others.
This is the period where the National Lampoon films were good. The humour was choice, the characters worked, and the situations blended together to form this perfect recipe for hilarity.
To this day when buying Christmas lights or planning how to decorate the house, mention of the Griswold house in some fashion comes up. The turkey is a little dry... yep, even if it isn't, it comes up. Check to see if there are any squirrels or chipmunks or other living things in that tree before you bring it inside... yep, I've heard that regularly.
Whether you like the film or not, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation has permeated our society and become one with our Christmas celebration... and I don't mind that one bit.
January 6, 2015
SQUIIIIRRELL!! 100% one of the greatest Christmas movies of all time!! This is also my favourite National Lampoons movie. Chevy chase is so funny and this is such a great film to watch with the family at Christmas time over and over. Watch as the Griswold's christmas turns from one big disaster into another.
Robbanflix
February 10, 2007
The best movie in the "Vacation serie" with the Griswolds family. Chevy Chase plays the goofy father and he totally rocks :) . In this movie they celebrate christmas with their families and thats turns out to be kinda difficult.. Worth seeing comedy.
½ February 10, 2010
(First viewing - Late teen years)
December 29, 2014
Pour moi ce film n'est pas du tout un classique du temps des fêtes. Le montage, déficient, rend la ballade pénible. Les gags ne lèvent pas... Mauvais moment à passer.
December 26, 2014
Hugely better than European and even better than its follow-up, Vegas. The Xmas Griswold tale is a holiday classic and one of chevy's finest comedies.
May 31, 2008
I love the whole National Lampoon franchise; Chevy Chase is hilarious.
½ December 24, 2014
'Christmas Vacation' is a hilariously over-the-top slapstick comedy that brought the Griswold family back to major stardom after their previous flop 'European Vacation'. One of the greatest Christmas films of the 1980s, and of all-time, 'Christmas Vacation' creates a comedic scenario where the Griswolds must spend an entire Christmas holiday with their in-laws, and a very destructive holiday at that. There's not a Christmas that goes by that this film can be missed.
October 18, 2007
A truly classic Christmas movie. Probably my favorite of all time.
December 24, 2014
The National Lampoon Vacation movies are all pretty much the same to me. Garish holidays with slap-stick comedy and general Clark-induced mayhem. What puzzles me is that so many thought the original was so much better than the others. They're all the same. Funny but nothing exceptional.
December 24, 2014
this was ridiculous. multiple times he would be dead. still, hooray the holidays! season's greetings, y'all!
½ December 23, 2014
It is very funny for the most part, but some of the jokes don't work, one in particular is just way too awkward, and it doesn't do much outside of just being funny.
December 13, 2014
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation may not be for everyone, but it's silly, heartfelt, and self-aware enough for me to enjoy it as an annual holiday classic.