National Security Reviews

July 29, 2010
C
½ February 4, 2010
Complete crap, this movie wasn't even funny one bit!
½ July 2, 2009
a hot black chick would never date Steve Zahn
August 14, 2007
Very funny.
½ January 21, 2007
I'm still in complete awe that I actually saw this movie, especially considering I can't remember a single thing about it and it took me at least thirty seconds to remember that I actually DID see it.
½ December 28, 2006
Not all that good.
kpn666
½ July 5, 2006
Its hilarious and a very unconventional buddy comedy - Steve Zahn is always undderated!
May 12, 2008
This movie is painfully racist. The writers of this should be ashamed of themselves and the one who approved it for production prisoned. So much for all the efforts at decreasing racism with this film. This wasn't a great comedy but not unbearable.
xxdebxx
May 19, 2011
National Security is a fun action comedy about Hank (Steve Zahn) who is kicked off the LAPD force for beating up Earl (Martin Lawrence). The two then bump into each other as security guards. While Earl is planning to have a little fun with girlfriend Lola(Mari Morrow) Earl hears gunfire and goes to see what's up, and finds that Hank's been assigned to the same factory.

Despite being damned to the lowest rung of the law enforcement ladder, Earl and Hank uncover a sophisticated smuggling operation led by a crazed Nash (Eric Roberts) and his band of thugs. When Earl and Hank get their hands on some hot property, they go on the run from, first the bad guys, then the L.A.P.D.--led by Lt. Washington and Detective McDuff. It's now up to these two unlikely partners to save the day. That is, if they don't kill each other first as Lawrence proceeds to annoy his partner to the brink of insanity.

They may not break new ground, but it's a fun ride. I thought the funniest part was when Steve Zahn's character was trying to kill the bee but instead it looked like he was beating up Martin Lawrence's character. Nice to see Eric Roberts here even if it was such a small role!
August 6, 2007
Cool.
August 18, 2012
I love Martin Lawrence movies and this was no exception. I thought it was hilarious all the way through and Lawrence and Zahn make a strange yet humorous duo. It sure wasn't the best comedy of the century, but it did succeed in getting laughs. Overall a great film that had me laughing from start to end.
½ June 17, 2011
Judging from the mess that Martin had put out there I watched this one with very low expectations and I found myself actually enjoying this one.
½ May 24, 2011
A very funny movie that has a fun 80s action vibe to it. This doesn't take itself serious at all and the Steve Zahn & Martin Lawrence duo is hilarious. Even though Lawrence plays one of the most unlikable characters he has ever played in this, you somehow still like him, that's one of the qualities he has in all of his comedy roles. For just a through away movie you can watch and laugh with when you have nothing to do, this is a humble option.
February 5, 2007
Earl's attitude was too disrespectful to make this movie fun for me. The continuous racial comments really got old after awhile, too.
½ March 3, 2008
I could absolutely not stand to watch this movie. I got halfway through and had to go outside for a while to get away from it.
September 23, 2007
Very funny action film, a typical "blame the black brother" movie and all that stuff... used also in other situations by Will Smith, even then, a good one...!
June 10, 2007
Tries to cash in on racist humor from the start and when failing to do so, sputters to the finish line on an empty tank of gas.
May 18, 2007
martin cant yet get the silly but serious role yet. should just look at bad boy. this was a B movie..
½ May 11, 2007
These 2 x-police officers have become Security Guards and are bored. They pick up the scent of some real action and get involved... big time! A buddy comedy with some pretty decent action sequences.
½ March 29, 2007
Martin is the black version of Rob Schneider. A once funny actor who somehow still gets to make tons of unfunny movies.