RT Exclusive: The Locations of National Treasure 2 Featurette!

Nicolas Cage goes global.

Nicolas Cage returns for National Treasure: Book of Secrets as Ben Gates, and this time the treasure seeker/mystery unraveller is taking his work overseas. The Eiffel Tower, Buckingham Palace, the other Statue of Liberty -- there's no shortage of international locales in the upcoming action/adventure and Rotten Tomatoes is hosting an exclusive featurette showing off each of them! Who's ready for a Eurotrip?

It's Xtreme World History 1A as Gates and his merry sidekicks (Diane Kruger, Jon Voight, and Justin Bartha) jet around the world after a recovered page from John Wilkes Booth's diary pegs Gates's ancestor as a co-conspirator in Abraham Lincoln's assassination. In the featurette, cast and crew (including Cage, director Jon Turteltaub, and producer Jerry Bruckheimer) comment on shooting internationally, accompanied with shots of Paris and a car chase in London. The video also shows us some sweeping angles of Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota and our nation's capital once the plot of Book of Secrets' leads the action back to the backwater burgs of America.

Click for the featurette!

Click here for the exclusive featurette. The mysteries of National Treasure: Book of Secrets will be unveiled on December 21, 2007.

Comments

JUDGE DREDD

idle one kenobi

Please! Theres only ONE Archeologist treasure hunter I will be seeing this year and he carries a whip & Fedora hat.

Do you think NT2 with "Nicholas Cage" will even register on the radar next to that? Way to go Hollywood for making a pointless sequel to a Meh movie.

Bring on INDY to show cage some manners!!!!!

Dec 10 - 07:33 PM

Hamboner

Brian Lorenzen

... not to be confused, class, with "Mongaloid," an example of which would be Nicholas Cage.

Dec 10 - 07:37 PM

Young Turk

Joe Massino

Ewww, why!?

Dec 10 - 08:20 PM

RexLaboro

george glass

I remember buying the National Treausure dvd. I thought maybe it would be a keeper since it seemed like a good Bruckheimer adventure with little puzzle and stuff. And Borimir was playing a bad guy which is always fun. But as I watched, and watched, I came to the realization that there is no adventure and they will go NOWHERE. Just Cage running through the streets with a rolled up poster. I sold the dvd on ebay and cant believe they've made a sequel.

Dec 10 - 10:42 PM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

National Treasure is one of my most hated movies. It's not fun, not interesting, doesn't care at all about making any sense, and is overall just a garbage movie. I continue to be surprised by the number of people who enjoy the movie. It made a lot of money, so here comes the sequel. Hopefully the people who didn't enjoy it won't go see this sequel and continue to support this garbage.

Dec 11 - 05:43 AM

Shatter24

Jeremiah Rancourt

I happen to enjoy the movie, and think its a respectful homage to the Indy films. There is enough room for both films in '07-'08, along with a new Mummy movie. Action-history fans will have a lot of fun this year, try not to spoil it naysayers.

Dec 11 - 06:28 AM

ladycat

ladycat .

Looks great to me. I don't care what anyone says about it, I love National Treasure, it has an incredible cast, lots of action, and a bit of history and treasure hunting. I've been to all the places they mention in this featurette minus Paris (although I want to!) so that will be cool to see.

Dec 11 - 12:27 PM

NicCageFann

Jesse Trowbridge

i jut want to say that the nattional treasure movies are one of the best there is. it is not garbage it is a great movie. you people who think that obviously have a bad taaste in movies because of how much this movie made money wise so it must have been a good movie if so many people spent there money watching it. i love that movie so much i have a count down on my calender for how many days until national treasure 2: book of secrets comes out, and that will be a great movie as well.

Dec 12 - 06:18 AM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships