National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Treasure: Book of Secrets Reviews

November 12, 2015
AS good as the first.
October 9, 2015
This time, we're stealing the President.
½ September 29, 2015
Watchable drivel if you're willing to overlook some gaping holes in the script.
June 13, 2011
Seem to may have used almost a similar structure, but it's more adventurous with thrilling bits and fun on the increased intrigue aspect and occasional humor while benefitting from not just Cage but the whole talented cast. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
August 21, 2015
I couldn't remember what happened in the first film other than saying to the kids as the opening scene of this unfolded, it's a bit like Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider. That about sums it up and this is passable, if overly long, family fare.
August 17, 2015
I actually watched this film before its predecessor, and its still better.
August 12, 2015
The film opens up with 5 Days after Civil War ends, or suppose to have. Something goes down and the blame is put on Ben's (Cage) father or grandfather. So we assume our places whereby to free the father, they have to find the book and to find that we have to get the clues. Ben has to "Kidnap the President of the United States(Greenwood)". I found this sequel much better ACTION, however, the title of the sequel could be revisited as in the first one, they had a set goal of looking for a map, they found it, then the clues. Whereas this one they were looking for a Book of Secrets, BUT the clues were ELSEWHERE, meaning where was the need for the book? Music was wonderful a pleasure to listen to in the background. The President of the United States gives the crew a Presidential Pardon for Ben's grandfather . They were "accredited for this discovery".
August 8, 2015
In true spirit of exploration movies before it such as Indiana Jones, Mummy and Tomb Raider, National Treasure rarely does anything different. That said, under the logo of Disney it does provide a very polished movie which can be enjoyed by all, especially parents. Book of Secrets has quite a lot going for it, including likeable characters, entertaining action sequences and quirky humour. I found the latter this movies strength, Nicholas Cages charisma offered something positive to the genre. The lead up to the treasure finding was better then the ending for sure but its a very enjoyable movie. The theme around Abraham Lincoln worked exceptionally well and gauged my interest instantly.
August 24, 2013
What I got to say about "National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets" is that it a fine movie to watch. "It's fun, entertaining, funny moments and really good action packed sequences that are really cool to watch." The performances by the whole cast is good. The directing by Jon Turtletaub is good. The screenplay by Cormac Wibberly and Marianne Wibberley is fine. The cinematography is good. The score by Trevor Rabin is once again great as it was in the first movie. Finally, the effects in this one is good as well.
July 5, 2009
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent. May be better than the 1st and anyone that thinks that Nicolas Cage cannot act need to have their movie-o-meter adjusted because this kept me on the edge of my seat.
½ December 22, 2007
Entertaining movie, not as good as the first one. It seemed like they re-used some of the first movie's sets.
November 16, 2012
Once again, we are confronted with a film with a story lacking in credibility and dialogue that is cringe-worthy at best, and yet is extremely enjoyable from start to finish.
September 1, 2013
Nicolas Cage and the supporting cast are fun to watch, but unfortunately "Book of Secrets" is a wasted sequel that is redundant and lazy with its plot, but is good enough for family movie night.
May 18, 2015
Can't remember much of the first film but this one is pretty good
January 19, 2008
A very entertaining movie for the 2007 holiday season. The storyline mostly runs like the original, but has alot more humor. Is interesting with all the references to US history. This is the one movie to take the kids to on Christmas break. I guarantee there will be a National Treasure 3 in a couple of years.
April 28, 2015
National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets and its predecessor rank as two of the better action/adventure films in recent memory. The sequel builds off the first film but tells a story all its own, the characters becoming more real and easy to cheer for as each minute of the movie passes by. As great as the actors are, as wonderful as Jon Turtletaub's direction is, and as classy and important as the locations are, the real stars of the National Treasure films are its co-writers, Marianne and Cormac Wibberley. Their incorporation of history into the scripts and the sheer brilliance of their secrets and clues (even if they are resolved a bit too easily) is definitely what makes these movies so successful.
½ June 18, 2007
The same movie as the first.
August 1, 2007
So, if you like the first one, you will probably like this one. All the cast returns and fills their roles nicely and there are some good new additions with Ed Harris and Helen Mirren. Nic Cage again is the glue that holds it all together and he does his normal job as such (if you like Nic Cage this is a good thing, if you don't like Nic Cage what are you doing watching this movie) The whole treasure chase thing is fine, not quite as cool as the original, but that happens with most sequels, and with that ending, I will not be surprised to see #3 coming soon in the near future, which I will gladly see also.
½ March 3, 2015
The first one was 'fun', this one is far from original or unique...
½ January 17, 2015
The sequel to the treasure adventure. Fine too.