Nativity 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nativity 2 Reviews

½ December 28, 2015
Fun Christmas movie!
December 27, 2015
Not a patch on the first film but Hynes and Woottan save the show. The school kids want to take part in a singing competition which sees them stranded on the side of a mountain and Tennant in dual roles
½ December 22, 2015
A sequel that has somehow been dumbed down so much that it is only really for children now given the tone of the script and the events that happen.
½ October 23, 2014
Funny and ridiculous but not as good as the first.
August 30, 2014
Saw this today after someone (Becky) at London told me this part existed (before this the only one I saw and still got the DVD is the one with Martin Freeman, which I love a lot). So yeah, saw this one and must admit is a regular film (an ok one I confess). The acting is good, the kids are back (and bigger than ever! Even some of their skills have gotten better). The songs are great too and the amazing views of the places they go are priceless. I don't have anything bad to say but I knew this one would not surprise me that much as the 1st one did (did not cry with this one...should do a rewatch on Christmas 2014 then...a few months from now hehe). Anyway, enjoy. - August 30, 2014 review.
April 26, 2014
Christmas fun with David Tennant. Nothing less, nothing more.
February 19, 2014
Funny to watch David get tortured. ;) But otherwise, the dry humor and silly stuff is barely tolerable.
January 17, 2014
I don't think most people realize this was an unscripted, improvised film. For that alone it deserves some credit and explains the sparse dialogue (to an extent). I think they should have given David Tennant more free rein to exercise his stellar comedic chops. Allowing Marc Wootton to be the main focus dragged the film down. I expected far more witty repartee. Still, it was enjoyable enough Christmas fun for the kiddoes. Sure, it was corny and implausible and had a few too many fart and poo jokes, but consider the targeted audience. The children were delightful and the singing and dancing were fun and entertaining. I think the critics have been too harsh.
½ December 26, 2013
Utterly bonkers but it manages to raise a few laughs. David Tennant tries to inject some heart into proceedings, replacing Martin (off busy being the Hobbit, presumably) Freeman and the young cast are again charming but this does have the hallmarks of a mere cash-in sequel. However, my little sister really enjoyed it and so one imagines this has broader appeal to younger demographics. The first film is better though.
½ December 26, 2013
Despite ex Dr Who in the cast instead of Martin Freeman, this really feels like dragging the bottom of the barrel. I know it's aimed at Young Children, but the ridiculous over long story line really doesn't help any of the cast. What could have been a credible sequel falls down like the pine needles on a Christmas tree.
December 26, 2013
This was a silly bit of holiday fun.
½ December 23, 2013
Anyone who gave it four stars (see the poster), must be on drugs, sick or havin' a larf. Possible the worst film I have ever, ever seen. Please never let Debbie Isitt write a screenplay again.
½ December 22, 2013
Not going to win any academy awards but the kids (and parents) thoroughly enjoyed this. Very cute and funny a different type of Christmas Movie for the whole family.
December 24, 2012
Nativity! was a enjoyable enough event, but the second outing is predictable, un-enjoyable and also just plain unrealistic. David Tennant can't even save it, not to mention Joanna Page, who lit up the scenes she was in.
½ January 5, 2013
There's no way I should like what is in essence complete nonsense, but I did.
December 31, 2012
Your enjoyment of this sequel will depend on how much you enjoyed the 2009 original. Apart from Freeman most of the original cast are back and once again St. Bernadette's school are involved in another competition. Rather than a Nativity we have a 'Song for Christmas' set in Wales which gives Isitt a chance to have fun with different Christmas songs from the competitors. Tennant has fun playing the dual role of twin brothers but isn't as endearing as Freeman. Wooten is as bonkers as before but I quite like his humour. Unlike the first film the situation get a bit ridiculous here (including a scale down a mountain and a birth in a barn) but there's still fun to be had if you're in the Christmas spirit. The competition goes on too long at the end (it feels like Isitt is padding out the film too much) and no-one would consider this great film-making but I found it quite enjoyable.
December 30, 2012
Loved it :) funniest film I've seen for ages!
December 24, 2012
What a beauty of a film!
Me and the boys cackled the whole way through. We stood up in the cinema and clapped during most of the film to show our support.
Matt smith did a great job too, or is it Christopher Eccleston? Anyway this film made my boys very happy, they won't stop singing now and it's beautiful. What a good film, I recommend it, changed my life
½ December 23, 2012
Excellent follow up to the first nativity. Mr Peterson (tennant) is the new teacher at St Bernadettes. The national singing contest, a song for christmas is taking place not long after teacher arrives. At the time the school is in a sense of disarray as the classes are being run by Mr Poppy (wootton). A trip through road, land and water sees the children eventually get their dream of performing in the contest and agaist Mr Peterson's twin brothers rival class. Very funny and full of that christmas appeal.