Night at the Museum Reviews

½ April 25, 2007
I normally dont like Ben stiller but this was a nice movie and very enjoyable.
January 14, 2010
You'd think that with such a ridiculous premise and with such cheesy humour that "Night at the Museum" will go down in flames, and although there are many moments that do, this is still a very fun family film that can be enjoyed any time. No, it does not break any new ground, but the sure joy that comes from watching all of these things and people come to life was a blast to see unfold. After many dead ends throughout his life, Larry Daley finds himself being hired as a night guard at the Museum of Natural History and it is his job to keep it secure once he finds out that all hell breaks loose at night. I think I have more fun watching this than I should, but it really is just a harmless family adventure that has it's moments. It is funny when it needs to be (even if it does go a little overboard) and it's charming when the charm feels necessary. "Night at the Museum" earns a mild recommendation.
thmtsang
May 31, 2007
Ben Stiller is Larry a security guard in a museum. He discovers the exhibition characters come alive at night. The characters are all great especially Owen Wilson as the Cowboy and Robin Williams as President Teddy Roosevelt. They have to stop the retired security guards from stealing the treasures that bring them to life. Good to see Dick Van Dyke as one of the security guards,
½ April 4, 2013
Non-threatening. Non-offensive. Non-intersting but somehow still pleasant.
March 22, 2013
An unfortunately dull comedy with an interesting concept but a flatline plot.
Directors Cat
½ October 28, 2011
Night at the Museum has a very interesting premise that might have worked if put in the right hands. Unfortunately, what you get is a one joke, CGI infested, unconvincing Ben Stiller kid's movie that you know in a few years time after they've watched it they will look back and regret wasting their money.
½ January 21, 2011
Decent
½ October 2, 2011
An entertaining kids movie, with some good laughs. I liked it.
DreamExtractor
February 27, 2011
Night at the Museum will amaze kids, bore some parents, and for me it was just a fun movie with a couple of flaws.
murphmann93
June 24, 2011
Boring and Ben Stiller just isn't funny.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ May 26, 2011
Night at the Museum is a very enjoyable family film. I exactly call it a kids film, more of a family film because it has something for everyone. Theres a terrific cast of actors that hold this film together and the story is very original to boot. The film funny, sweet, and charming. I feel it has a touch nostalgia that brings out the child in everyone. I think that this is an underrated film that deserves more credit. One of the best performances alongside Ben Stiller was Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt. Night at the Museum has wonderful special effects and good acting. At times the film is uneven, but in the end you have lots of fun. I thought it was very good and thought it was a terrific film to watch with family. Although not for everyone, this film is terrific for anyone looking for a pleasant 2 hours of solid, entertaining fun. The film is not perfect, but the comedy bits and good performances from the cast should make up for the flaws. A good film thats fairly underrated. This is a fine film starring Ben Stiller who brings a bit of a change to his usual roles, which is a great to see. This is a visual treat for the eyes that provides great fun for the whole family with a good cast of varied actors a well written story, though not the best, it manages to be quite good. Night at the Museum is a wonderful family film thats fun for kids as much as adults.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 18, 2007
the wholes in the script are a bit too apparent even for a kids movie, but this is a really fun and entertaining movie. a good cast and a film that doesnt take itself too seriously with high re-watchability.
michael e.
December 22, 2010
This movie was fantastic man the critics hate every movie that i love
July 21, 2010
C
MeetMeinMontauk
February 8, 2010
It had some laughs. Shocked Dick Van Dyke was in it. Not the worst movie I've ever seen. Also, didn't HATE Ben Stiller in it either. Weird.
3niR
January 29, 2010
This was enjoyable. Recommend this to watch.
½ November 26, 2009
A fun movie, but it really had no retaining effect and is pretty bland. Ben Stiller was sort of just there, he really didn't do anything in terms of acting. The story was interesting, but didn't really go anywhere and became incredibly predictable. The shining moment is the banter between Owen Wilson and Steve Coogan.
November 17, 2009
An outragious, fun, wonderful and fantastic comedy adventure. A brilliant, original and astonishing comic fantacy filled with great speacial effects and wonderful characters. A roller-coaster of crazy and exhilerating fun from start to finsih. A hilarious joy-ride. Ben Stiller is at his best, definately one of his better films.
September 22, 2009
A fun family film that wasn?t annoying
August 15, 2009
I thought I'd love this movie seeing as how I love comedies and especially Robin Williams, but I didn't. It was ok, but more of a bore overall than funny or entertaining.