Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (2014)

Critic Consensus: While not without its moments, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb is a less-than-inspired sendoff for the trilogy.

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb Videos & Photos

Movie Info

Get ready for the wildest and most adventure-filled Night At the Museum ever as Larry (Ben Stiller) spans the globe, uniting favorite and new characters while embarking on an epic quest to save the magic before it is gone forever. (c) Fox

Rating: PG (for mild action, some rude humor and brief language)
Genre: Action & Adventure, Comedy

as Reginald

as Rose (Archivist)

as Madeline Phelps

as Easter Island Head

as NY Reporter, NY Repo...

as C.J. Fredericks

as Robert Fredericks

as Neanderthal #1

as Neanderthal #2

as Neanderthal #3

as Roman Sentry

as 1938 Egyptian Worker

as Egyptian High Priest...

as Augustus Statue

as Wealthy Donor

as Museum Patron

as Action Car Driver

Show More Cast

News & Interviews for Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

Friend Ratings

No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.

Critic Reviews for Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

All Critics (101) | Top Critics (29)

It's all dumb, but fun.

Full Review… | December 22, 2014
New York Magazine/Vulture
Top Critic

The feeling upon the closing credits is one of relief; with the plot nicely tied up, hopefully Shawn Levy gets the hint and finally moves on to try new things with his career.

Full Review… | April 9, 2015
Fan The Fire

As if to make amends for the dubious ethics of the previous sequel (why did Ben Stiller get to decide 'his' museum exhibits were more worthy of life than the ones in the Smithsonian?), this supposed series finale has something of a wised-up, elegiac tone.

Full Review… | March 23, 2015
Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)

You may not find many original moments in the corny humor of "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb." But, you will enjoy time spent with old friends in this third and final film in the series.

Full Review… | March 19, 2015
Movie Chambers

If you keep it busy enough, people won't notice how slapdash the plot is.

Full Review… | February 22, 2015
Quad City Times (Davenport, IA)

...sporadically entertaining yet ultimately disappointing...

Full Review… | January 24, 2015
Reel Film Reviews

Audience Reviews for Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

A poor sequel but still holds some charm.

Film Crazy

I enjoy movies like this. Action/comedy/family movies don't come out nearly enough anymore. I thought about that on new years eve when we introduced my 3 year old to "Jumanji". They just don't make em like that very much anymore. But here is a good example of a franchise that gets it right. This is the 3rd installment of the Ben Stiller series about a museum that has an ancient tablet that makes the exhibits come to life. This time the tablet is losing it's power, so they have to go over to England to find a Pherroh(Ben Kingsley) to restore the power before it's too late. For a family movie, it's pretty good and probably my favorite of the series. Grant and my nephews all loved it, and we all agreed Rebel Wilson(or "Fat Amy" as my wife always refers to her as) stills the show. But there is something very special about this movie that I will always remember. First it's Mickey Rooney's last movie, even if he is only in it for about 10 seconds. Second, at the end of the movie Robin Williams does something that gets a very good laugh from the crowd and it made me realize something. This is the last time I will have a new Robin Williams laugh at the theater. Stupid to some, but everyone has been watching him for decades. Knowing he isn't around anymore, when you think about that it'll tug at the old heart strings. For a good time with a movie you can do a lot worse. Worth a watch, especially with the kiddos.

Everett Johnson
Everett Johnson

Despite some lack of magic, Shawn Levy's Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb is still good clean fun.

The introduction does its piece and the conclusion is a work of art. It's everything in the middle of this 100 minute picture that falls short on the exploration and wackiness of the film's amusing concept.

The CG and costumes do wonders visually when applied, although, in the grand scheme of things it's held back by the film's script.

Ben Stiller pulls double duty, while the likes of Robin Williams, Dan Stevens, Owen Wilson, and Steve Coogan enjoy the ride. Nothing to complain about when it comes to the cast. Cameos are also noteworthy.

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb delivers a few laughs and enjoyment. Check it out and take a ride with history.

JY Skacto

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb Quotes

– Submitted by Fantasy F (8 months ago)

Discussion Forum

Discuss Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb on our Movie forum!