A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon Reviews

½ December 5, 2006
It was a pretty boring night at that.
iLeo
½ April 12, 2007
A GREAT MOVIE.
September 14, 2008
Jimmy's stupid, why did we need to see what a night in his life would be like? I've seen a lot of similar movies that are better.
½ July 21, 2008
omg i loved river phoenix in this moive and i though he was so cute=]
The late, much-missed River Phoenix had his first starring role in A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon, one of the more unusual teen comedies of the 1980s. Jimmy (Phoenix) is a lower-class kid whose parents have gotten him into a wealthy school, where he hangs out with kids who can't comprehend not having money. Jimmy puts the moves on almost every girl he meets, including Denise (Ione Skye from Say Anything and Gas Food Lodging), the girlfriend of his best friend Fred (a very young Matthew Perry, who has gone on to huge success on the TV show Friends), even though his own girlfriend, Lisa (Meredith Salenger), is about to move to Hawaii. On the evening of graduation, Jimmy ruins just about every relationship he has and wrecks his dad's car along the way. A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon is based on a novel that screenwriter-director William Richert wrote when he was 19, and you can tell--the movie is full of self-aggrandizing gestures, bad poetry, and wounded looks. But despite that--or because of it--the movie also has something of the genuine chaos of late adolescence, when you start to realize that the dreams you have might not be what you want, and that your worst fears might not be the worst that could happen. Phoenix is a truly charismatic presence, though his fresh face is a bit at odds with his scamming character. The movie isn't a cinematic Catcher in the Rye, but it's exploring the same troubled territory.
June 20, 2008
River Phoenix is so adorable and cute. Like I said before it seems like every role he plays...was made for him whether it is comedy, drama, or a love story he brings his character to life and make you fall in love with him
½ August 16, 2007
What was the plot of this movie? I mean, seriously. River Phoenix's character spends the entire movie trying to get laid. He blows off prom with his girlfriend, who's played my a very hot Meredith Salenger mind you, so he can screw a woman twice his age. He gets his ass kicked and pisses his dad off. The movie ends when he decides to go to college, which makes his dad happy. The end. This was CRAP!
½ March 24, 2007
i remember this movie when i was growing up. actually i was far too young to watched it. it was okay
½ September 13, 2006
I remember liking it when I was a kid but, seeing it again, I think the only was because of all the hot women in it. It's not bad but nothing special.
April 15, 2015
Not one of the movies people worship River for I'd guess.
½ October 7, 2013
This is a film where I honestly don't know why it's so low-rated. It's a good movie. It's interesting and of course, River was spectacular at executing his character. I really enjoyed this film, there were funny moments as well as dramatic ones. It was a well-balanced, deep film.
½ July 7, 2007
River Phoenix' immense talent was completely wasted in this turkey.
½ May 13, 2012
Didn't realize there was a River Phoenix movie that I hadn't seen yet. Entertaining enough.
½ April 30, 2011
It's not that bad actually