91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Night of the Demons II Reviews

Phil H

November 30, 2010
Well a slightly better cast for this one, the odd face is recognisable, Cristi Harris is so so damn cute in this. Its virtually the exact same plot with a new set of teenage souls to be taken but with added action and effects.

To be honest the makeup and gore is really nice here in places (good old Steve Johnson still at the helm). The demons look really sweet with their drool and decapitated heads, sets are a bit neater and the finale has a really good demon/snake battle with lovely 'Dusk Till Dawn-esque' makeup and puppetry.

Its basically the first one again but with added gore boobs and butts as the spooky action spills out from inside the old house this time. Thought it would be terrible but its actually alright, its all about the horror effects of course.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

January 24, 2013
Sequel to Night of the Demons is a fun and entertaining picture that has all the good elements of the first, but lacks slightly in originality. The film still has all the gore and ghouls that you'd expect, but you realize that it could have been better. Personally I feel that Kevin S. Tenney, director of the first should have directed this and this sequel could have benefited from his personal touch. Despite this, the film is amusing, and relies on the gore to compensate for the lack of original ideas on-screen. The film has all the usual horror clichés and you end not caring when the characters get knocked off due to the fact most of them are idiots and shallow and have no depth. For what it is, this is a worthwhile follow-up to the first one even if it's not perfect; it still should be seen by fans of the original. This is better than most sequels and despite all its clichés; it delivers everything you'd expect from a horror film. The plot is interesting, but lacks in some areas, and like I said, it's also its biggest flaw, as it tends to recycle a few ideas from the first. Does are mild complaints, and I found this one to be a well crafted film that if you enjoyed the first film, then you're sure to love this. The film boasts some impressive special effects and it is the film's high point along with the gore. The Night of the Demons films, are in my opinion strictly gore flicks, and the most certainly deliver in that department. A good sequel that overcomes its imperfections due to its gore. Near the ends it gets slightly silly, but it's all in good fun. If you love gore, don't pass up on this.
Nani V

August 29, 2008
Once again, Angela is awesome!
Beefy
Beefy

September 24, 2006
I worked in the only movie theater in the city of Houston to show this on the big screen when it came out. It was hilarious to see on the big screen. Didn't do too well, though.
Sylvester K

January 16, 2013
Pretty much the same plot being used again with more plot holes and with different teenagers. And this time round Angela was actually awesome. The actors and actresses were so much better looking this time, what a joy. A lot of the cliches were used in the film, like way to stereotypical, which made the film somewhat less exciting. I like the changes in genre this time, a black comedy is so much better than mindless gorefest. (Although the first film was creative and somewhat genre defying.)
August 29, 2012
I enjoyed this one well enough, but it lacks the charm of the first film for some reason, though I will give it props for the always cute Christine Taylor being one of the kids.

Rental? I grabbed it out of my cursed sense of completion, maybe you're in the same boat.
November 1, 2011
almost forgot to review this but at this point I don't remember enough other than its wasn't as cool as the original or the remake of the original D
November 1, 2009
Almost as good as the first movie except the effects are a little more polished. the last half hour is full of gore and bodily meltdowns and explosions. Keep an ear out for the MORBID ANGEL song
engrymfilm
October 30, 2009
Sweet creature designs and effects and funny CGI but that's about it. And if you liked the lipstick gag from part 1 there's more where that came from
August 29, 2009
Awesome sequel...or course not better than the original, but I never expected that. This one leans more towards comedy than the first. Doesn't lack in the gore or sex!
May 3, 2013
Slightly better acting than the previous movie with a somewhat bigger budget, but doesn't add up to the original gore.
Sylvester K

January 16, 2013
February 28, 2012
angela is back again in night of the demons 2 the 1994 sequal stars amelia kinkaid as the sexy but scary angela feld as she takes new prospectives as she leaves haul house and goes for new souls at a catholic school.
February 4, 2012
This one was great with even more gore boobs & booze!
chris b.
February 26, 2011
definatly not as good as the original but still angela is at her best !!!
DC FIXX
December 6, 2010
kingofthecorn
December 4, 2010
(***): Thumbs Up

I had fun with this one. Pretty much what you would expect from a film called "Night of the Demons 2".
November 2, 2010
For me it's a classic. I don't know if it was supposed to be a comedy / horror film, but I couldn't help but laugh throughout the entire movie.
richard c.
December 5, 2009
Look the film is obnoxious, silly, cheesy, ridiculous but oh so creative. thats what I miss most about these type of films. is how much they put themselves out there despite what the outcome might be. This is definately one of those unnecessary sequels that doesn't hold a candle to the original but its ridiculously funny and very quote worthy. The nun with the killer rosary is reason enough to see this over top but ultimately medicore horror film. Thats filled with memorable gags and appreciated sense of humor.
hookemjoe
October 9, 2008
Believe it or not, this movie surpasses the first in pure Halloween fun. This is exactly what my Hallow's Eve season needed. Though a pretty bad B-movie by definition, Night of the Demons 2 relies on campy, self-depricating humor to off set only a handful of creepy scenes (a couple are really creepy). To me, this is what Halloween is all about_: gratuitous, young nudity, rebellious desire, adorably dangerous naivity, a haunted house, and a really creepy demon...perfect!! The acting is actually better than the first film, and the cast is far more attractive. Though the movie refuses to end and carries on in a vein attempt to conclude on a terrorifying note (not to mention that the demon won't just shut up and be eerie), there are enough laughs and jumps to make this a pretty fun popcorn movie for the season.
ps - A naked Christine Taylor (Zoolander, The Brady Bunch Movie, Dodgeball) never, ever hurts any film.
- 5.5