Die Nacht der lebenden Loser (Night of the Living Dorks) Reviews
It is not hilarious but it has some good funny moments.
Feeling a bit like the film Idle Hands, this does a pretty good job of blending a comedic sensibility into the horror genre by way of three German teens who manage to turn themselves into zombies after playing around in the dark arts with the local Goth girl & her pals.
It's an enjoyable flick, give it a shot, I guarantee you've seen worse horror/comedies.
* If you decide to watch this movie, hold on to at least the 30 minute mark. The beginning is absolutely terrible. I nearly turned it off. The sex jokes are really awful, not only in their stupidity, but in their ham-handedness.
* I like the idea that people react differently to being zombified ? some give in to it more easily than others. The three characters continue their own paths: the uber-nerd who nurses his grudges manages to play out that insecurity, while the normal guy gets to be more normal and the stoner/sex fiend becomes more stonery/sex fiend-y.
* The goths are pretty funny in the movie, especially the part where Phillip chastises them for their crappy skills: they use frozen chicken and one of their mother?s hair for the mystical rites. And they draw a six-point star of David instead of a pentagram on the ground.
* It?s amusing that the bully in the film wears a sweater over his shoulders like Troy from The Goonies.
* The recurring theme of using a staple-gun to reattach body parts that have fallen off is pretty funny.
* I watched this streaming on Netflix, which was okay except that it was dubbed instead of subtitled. The goofy performances in the dubbing were pretty distracting, frankly. I would have preferred subtitles.
Overall, pretty mediocre. Not better or worse than Boy Eats Girl, but definitely not the best zombie comedy out there.
this movie is pretty funny with excellent one-liners and terrible dubbing. if you're a fan of idle hands, i'm sure you can find some fun in night of the living dorks
This was a pretty funny movie. I liked the fact that as one of the friends would lose a body part the others would have to staple it back on. They go about their normal lives for a while until one friend goes crazy with hunger pains...hunger for human flesh.
All kinds of comedy ensues. It is definitely worth checking out.