Die Nacht der lebenden Loser (Night of the Living Dorks) Reviews

July 31, 2007
Cute, juvenile zombie comedy that riffs on teenage angst films. All over the place in terms of jokes, but consistently amusing enough to keep watching.
June 8, 2010
'Die Nacht der lebenden Loser' is not a real Horror-Movie, rather a Horror-Comedy-Movie with more comedy in it than horror. It is a decent movie combining comedy with typical zombie images.
It is not hilarious but it has some good funny moments.
Very enjoyable!!!
½ May 15, 2007
Felt like it should've been made in the eighties, but an entertaining film nonetheless.
March 14, 2012
It was a bit crude for my tastes, but not bad. A bit obnoxious, I'm not sure I'd want to watch it again unless I was showing it to someone else.
September 17, 2011
Very German teen zombie humor... Takes a lot of liberties with zombie tradition but always in good fun. Mostly laughable if you can put yourself into the proper mindset, but just dumb in places. Should probably be seen by zombie schlock fans because its just 'different' enough. Dubbed english.
March 11, 2007
Took another look at this one to get it off the old To-Watch Pile:

Feeling a bit like the film Idle Hands, this does a pretty good job of blending a comedic sensibility into the horror genre by way of three German teens who manage to turn themselves into zombies after playing around in the dark arts with the local Goth girl & her pals.

It's an enjoyable flick, give it a shot, I guarantee you've seen worse horror/comedies.
½ October 26, 2009
Imagine that you found the excised bits of an early American Pie script. Then, having recently enjoyed such teen zombedies as Idle Hands or My Boyfriend?s Back, you would make Night of the Living Dorks, or perhaps Boy Eats Girl. As I said, this film reminds me a lot of other teen zombie comedies, particularly in that its ?heroes? find zombie-hood to be a mixed bag, taking moments to enjoy their newfound strength (ala Spider-man in the wrestling ring), but they also find themselves driven to, well, eat people. Some other thoughts:

* If you decide to watch this movie, hold on to at least the 30 minute mark. The beginning is absolutely terrible. I nearly turned it off. The sex jokes are really awful, not only in their stupidity, but in their ham-handedness.
* I like the idea that people react differently to being zombified ? some give in to it more easily than others. The three characters continue their own paths: the uber-nerd who nurses his grudges manages to play out that insecurity, while the normal guy gets to be more normal and the stoner/sex fiend becomes more stonery/sex fiend-y.
* The goths are pretty funny in the movie, especially the part where Phillip chastises them for their crappy skills: they use frozen chicken and one of their mother?s hair for the mystical rites. And they draw a six-point star of David instead of a pentagram on the ground.
* It?s amusing that the bully in the film wears a sweater over his shoulders like Troy from The Goonies.
* The recurring theme of using a staple-gun to reattach body parts that have fallen off is pretty funny.
* I watched this streaming on Netflix, which was okay except that it was dubbed instead of subtitled. The goofy performances in the dubbing were pretty distracting, frankly. I would have preferred subtitles.

Overall, pretty mediocre. Not better or worse than Boy Eats Girl, but definitely not the best zombie comedy out there.
½ March 10, 2009
Good fun little flick that I enjoyed a lot. It was cheesy of course but as people should know I love the cheesy ones. This one just goes right in with all the other ones. It definately had a Shaun of the Dead feel. I had to watch it dubbed though because the copy I got a hold of didn't have the original language track which highly pissed me off but it was still great. Good fun and overall pretty clean.
½ March 4, 2009
Had some decent laugh out loud moments. Kind of reminded me of 80's horror films except that this had some CGI. I did like when one of the zombies got punched in the face and his jaw was awkward looking and he puts it back into place. Really wasn't much of a horror movie though.
January 22, 2008
the main characters and some goth kids get together in a cemetery where they try to raise the spirit of kurt cobain so he can play for them in their garage whenever they'd like. the main characters, who are dorks, end up dying but due to the hocus pocus they were playing with before their fatal car crash, continue on living in a zombified fashion. while their bodies begin to decompose they become to the coolest guys in school--going to parties, doing drugs, kicking the jocks' asses at sports, and getting laid by the hottest girls.

this movie is pretty funny with excellent one-liners and terrible dubbing. if you're a fan of idle hands, i'm sure you can find some fun in night of the living dorks
November 24, 2007
Die Nacht der Lebenden Loser is a German film that spoofs American zombie movies. Three dorky friends get turned into zombies after a voodoo ritual. They have to find a cure before their time runs out and they give in to the hunger.

This was a pretty funny movie. I liked the fact that as one of the friends would lose a body part the others would have to staple it back on. They go about their normal lives for a while until one friend goes crazy with hunger pains...hunger for human flesh.

All kinds of comedy ensues. It is definitely worth checking out.
½ November 3, 2007
A very funny parody of zombie flicks, but not quite up to par with Shaun of the Dead. The story of three teen losers who accidentally inhale the ashes of a zombie and become ones themselves. Two try to resist the urge to eat flesh, one embraces it and uses his powers to get revenge on his high school tormentors. It's fast, fun and pretty funny, even when it tries to be serious there's a dark comic element behind the shadows. I highly recommend it to zombie flick fans as well as parody lovers.
August 25, 2007
Pretty good for a movie with a somewhat regrettable name - This is the American Pie of zombie movies. Watch it in German with subtitles as the English dubbing is really distracting (assuming you speak English). Don't miss the great banana scenes in the extras! Oh, and what I learned from this movie - magic zombie potions will not only cure your zombiness, but will somehow restore your cotton T-Shirt as well.
½ May 16, 2007
Not your typical zombie movie! I loved this movie to death!! It had me crackin up through the whole thing.a must see
April 4, 2007
Revenge of the Nerds meets Heathers meeds Shaun of the Dead in this bit of Horror-Comedy schlock brilliance. The best Zombie love story I've seen, other than Stacy. 2004 was a great year for Zombies, between this and the equally brilliant Shaun of the Dead. I've heard a US remake is in the works. Don't bother, see the original instead.
February 22, 2007
This has to be my first German Horror movie experience. I have to admit it is pretty f***** funning. It has the feel of Peter Jackson's Dead Alive mixed with a John Hughes Comedy!
November 20, 2014
Take your brains out and a big fat laugh: this movie is epic. American Pie is like, slow and sluggish when compared to this. An epic comedy not for all the family. An underdog.
April 12, 2014
Funny as hell!! A all time favorite!!!
½ November 25, 2010
A German funny horror movie, only I would know about. It's worth a watch if you like your horror or humor.. and German I guess
½ September 24, 2011
Honestly it's stupid, but not many movies can be this funny