Five Favorite Films with Jackie Earle Haley

A Nightmare on Elm Street's new Freddy Krueger shares his favorites.

With over thirty years in Hollywood, Jackie Earle Haley's career has taken him from the classic The Bad News Bears to more recent roles in graphic novel adaptation Watchmen and Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island. This weekend, Haley takes on the role of Freddy Krueger, one of horror's most historic icons, in a reboot of A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Before invading moviegoers dreams this weekend, Haley stopped by The Rotten Tomatoes Show on Current TV to share his five favorite films.

RT's Tim Ryan taken on all the Nightmare movies for our "A Nightmare on Tim's Street" series. You can check out all his reactions below!

Comments

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

Well. . . he changed it to "on his mind" from "favorite." Otherwise, I'd have to gag about "THE LOSERS" being listed.

Apr 30 - 09:52 AM

Brent B.

Brent Billehus

What about "Little Children?"

May 1 - 07:02 AM

morgan w.

morgan work

Besides Alien and Planet of the Apes, the rest are in the moment. Both Nightmare and Nosferatu pertain to the character he just portrayed, and the Losers is one he recently watched and enjoyed. Not really a 5 favs list.

Apr 30 - 10:28 AM

fresh f.

fresh fresh

For those who don't want to watch the video:

5) Alien
4) The Losers----WTF??
3) A Nightmare on Elm Street
2) Nosferatu
1) Planet of The Apes

Apr 30 - 11:20 AM

Dave J

Dave J

Beat me to it until it was too late!!

Apr 30 - 11:34 AM

Dave J

Dave J

Jackie Earle Haley 5 favorites
5. (1979) Alien 97%
4. (2010) The Losers 41%
3. (1984) A Nightmare On Elm Street 95%
2. (1922) Nosferatu 98%
1. (1968)Planet of the Apes 89%

The reason as he says picked the first "Elm Street" film as well as 'Nosferatu" is that it was some of the inspirations this new version of Elm Street flick he's starring in!! My impression about his 5 favs are very spontaneous at that particular time!! This list is probably going to change upon the next film he's going to be in too, whatever that may be!!

Apr 30 - 11:32 AM

algreen99

AL Green

Dave J. I'm honestly just wondering here. How come you look up the T-meter critics percentage number on every stars 5 favorite films. If all 5 were rated under 30 percent it's still that stars 5 favorite at the time when asked so who cares? I mean...let's not forget the T-meter critics rated Twilight higher than Kingdom Of Heaven. I take the RT community percentage number(Us the fans) more seriously then the T meters.

Apr 30 - 06:38 PM

Dave J

Dave J

ALgreen

I could only speak for myself, that "if" I were to see any celebrity's 5 favotites I'd also be curious about some films scored badly and others scored so well- it's basically for curiosity reasons to motiviate curiosity perhaps to invoke discussion amongst movie ethusiasts "if" you either seen the 5 films or if curious about checking them out about what their like because I like to assume that we are all "open minded" readers and are not afraid to "see" what critics think, if you have the time that is!!!
I mean if any respected actor or director picked their 5 favorite films whether the movie scored badly or not on the meter is totally IRREVELANT! Wouldn't you also want to know what other people think, instead of just reading about "single" person's opinion, wouldn't you want to know about others opinion whether good or bad "unless" of course you're afraid to find out- I don't know about you, but sometimes I like to expand my options and find out why and not just accordingly from one person's perspective!! I like to think that if I don't add the meter ratings then I'm going to assume that we are all narrowminded readers if the meter ratings are not there.

May 3 - 11:52 AM

Dave J

Dave J

Beat me to it until it was too late!!

Apr 30 - 11:34 AM

Superzone

Link O'Fett

Jackie Earle Haley is incredible.

Apr 30 - 01:11 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

JEH is a brilliant actor who didn't find "His" movie yet, but he will, and he will blow you the **** away.

Apr 30 - 02:31 PM

inactive user

Jared King

I bet he's scary to work with. But, "The Losers"? What the hell?

Apr 30 - 02:40 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

I thin he found "His" movie, it was called Watchmen. Nobody went to see it.

With the exception of Alien and Apes, these are just off the top of his head choices. He seems like such a nice guy, I find it amazing he can play so many dark characters so well.

Apr 30 - 02:41 PM

Cory

Cory B

Nobody went to see Watchmen? Seriously? It made over $100 million in domestic box office alone. Plenty of people went to see it.

You're right about the first part, that absolutely was his movie. The problem was he had to share it with a bunch of other people who were not worthy. Make a Rorshach movie, and he will show what he's truly capable of.

Apr 30 - 02:59 PM

Cory

Cory B

Apr 30 - 02:59 PM

girly g.

girly girl

He's brilliant in shutter island

Apr 30 - 03:23 PM

rle4lunch

Chad W

His best movie was 'Breaking Away'.

Apr 30 - 06:25 PM

Earman

Christopher Beckham

'Breaking Away' by far. Great portrayal of someone with a serious Napoleon complex who still shows his heart for his girl and his bros.
Thought he was great in 'Bad News Bears' too.

May 1 - 01:15 PM

algreen99

AL Green

Apr 30 - 06:38 PM

Dave J

Dave J

ALgreen

May 3 - 11:52 AM

Dr.KevinBacon

Matt Cushen

He was pretty amazing in Little Children, which earned him an oscar nomination.

Apr 30 - 06:41 PM

Chris H.

Chris H

He was unbelievable i watchmen, he really embodied my vision of how the character of Rorschach would be. Really good actor.

That said his list isnt really a Top five, but really movies that he's been thinking of. But he did have some good insight on a couple of movies he listed.

Apr 30 - 07:34 PM

Thomas K.

Thomas Kuklis

Everyone needs to stop hating on the man for picking the Losers.
Its his 5 Favorite, not the 5 best he has ever seen, maybe he really liked it...no need to hate on the man's opinion on his own favorite movies.

Apr 30 - 10:12 PM

Handheldmidget

Patrick H

I think the dude's great myself...and yea I saw Watchmen and enjoyed it...but I did not like Shutter Island...kinda wanna rewatch it and see if I change my mind...anyway...Human Target is great....and he'd a bad ass on the show...

Apr 30 - 11:32 PM

Brent B.

Brent Billehus

What about "Little Children?"

May 1 - 07:02 AM

Earman

Christopher Beckham

Thought he was great in 'Bad News Bears' too.

May 1 - 01:15 PM

nate2709

Nate 2709

The Losers? They asked what your 5 favorite movies are, not the 5 most recent TV ads you've seen.

May 1 - 04:57 PM

Movies for Tax Day
Movies for Tax Day

Your tax dollars at work, in movies.

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies