Nights in Rodanthe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nights in Rodanthe Reviews

July 26, 2015
I fell in love with this film!
December 15, 2013
The ultimate love heartbreaking movie!
January 23, 2016
Gere and Lane are charming in this dewy-eyed adaption of Nicholas Sparks' novel.
October 4, 2008
Bound to be a great movie - a beautiful Nicholas Sparks book - can't go wrong
April 4, 2015
Very beautiful, sad, moving and tragic. I thought Titanic was the ultimate tearjerker movie, but Nights in Rodanthe steals the spotlight for the best tragic storyline. Richard Gere and Diane Lane are absolutely terrific. Outstanding acting from them.
November 29, 2009
I love all films based on Nicolas Sparks novels.

THEY TUG!!!!!
January 24, 2015
This was a great love story. Hated the end.
October 17, 2014
OMG Nights In Rodanthe was so good and sad I wanted to die! Not literally
October 5, 2008
Brace yourself for a major tear-jerker.
September 27, 2008
An ok movie. One of my least favorite of his movies. Such a disappointing ending. Though in true Nicholas Sparks tradition someone dies.
½ August 13, 2014
I can see how a lot of people wouldn't like this movie, I didn't think much of it the first time I saw it either, this time around I must have just caught it in the right mood because I really enjoyed it. It is one of the weaker Nicholas Sparks books though-as is this adaption although helped along by some A-list talent in Richard Gere, Diane Lane (and several lesser roles) who do the best they can with a nothing sort of story. I'll just say it, complete chick-flick including one hell of a tear-jerker ending. Both leads do a good job especially in the beginning when we see an intense, angry and frustrated Gere and a frazzled Lane. The romance follows a Doctor travelling to see his estranged son and a woman separated from her wayward husband and managing a North Carolina Inn for her friend. It all comes together when a major storm hits the coast and the two have to hunker down in the wind and dark. The Inn is gorgeous and almost becomes a character within itself -although I had to wonder about the decision to build it so precariously on the beach. I understand it's been destroyed by a real storm since filming, no wonder. 8/28/14
September 4, 2014
So romantic. Love Diane Lane and Richard Gere together.
June 17, 2014
Love this romantic film, with a sad but happy ending :-) Family reconciled :-)
March 7, 2014
Like all Nicholas Sparks films, this was a great chic flick that brought me to tears. Beautiful.
½ February 10, 2014
The acting is good but apart from that there is nothing else that I can recommend
½ December 10, 2013
Even older adults fall in love.
December 2, 2013
A story about mature love that is not quite engaging to watch.
November 22, 2013
Great story but the ending was too sad.
September 14, 2008
I love Nicholas Spark Movies I thought this was a good movie. But The Notebook is my favorite Nicholas Spark movie so far to date