Movies Like No End in Sight

No End in Sight Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

April 3, 2014
Incredible documentary about the war in Iraq, No End in Sight is a brilliant picture that goes in depth about this controversial war. The film goes in depth with incredible information about the war, and it is a riveting, informative film about how this event came into motion. The motivation for the invasion of Iraq is explored, and key insiders and experts are interviewed here to give a definitive perspective on the war. The interviews are well done, and the information that each subject brings to the table sheds even more light into this war. The war in Iraq was predetermined even before the events of 9/11, and the Bush Administration tried to link Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein's regime. The Bush doctrine came into play, and George Bush deceived the country by invading a country that had no links whatsoever to Al Qaeda or the 9/11 plot whatsoever. The whole idea of the invasion of Iraq was based on the errors committed during the first Gulf War. This is a fine film for anyone looking to know more about the Iraq War. The documentary is engaging, shocking and memorable. In terms of the subject, it definitely is a picture that will surprise you with its information. I read books on the subject, and I know how this war came to be, and this documentary only adds a lot more depth to what most of us know. Well crafted film that is a must see for anyone who are interested in the subject, No End in Sight is stunning insight into the war, and one that is necessary to understand. In terms of a documentary, No End in Sight is a standout genre film that definitely can stir up some debate and make you ask important questions.
Luke B

March 19, 2010
If all that is said is true, then this is like some kind of twisted Orwellian nightmare. It's Animal Farm all over again as a select few individuals make the choices. Terrifying in more ways than one, the film shows the disastrous war, planned out my money grabbing idiots. It's not just the dying soldiers/Iraqi civilians that highlight the problems, but also the unemployment and destruction of Iraq's cultural heritage. The only protection is offered to the oil fields. Again, the big names refuse to take part. But there are some balanced arguments, which sometimes fall into "he said/she said" retorts. No End In Sight is riveting stuff, and if even just a handful of claims are true, then it's worth taking note.
Sarah G

March 28, 2008
Review coming soon...
Daniel H

December 16, 2007
Remarkably in-depth, this film refuses to become an expansive political warcry and instead focuses effectively and pointedly upon the facts surrounding the management of a country under occupation without questioning the ethics of doing so in the first place.

By focusing upon the early-occupation timeline of Iraqi civil management and reconstruction, the film remains neutral in tone, and thus effectively conveys a honest and important message without any partisan smokescreens.

Sadly, its focus limits its effectiveness, and the viewer must look elsewhere for vital context. Yet, in all fairness, as long as you haven't been under a rock for the past 10 years, you have that context.

All in all, a documentary in the purest sense of the word. One that does not merely reiterate, but provides a vital voice to, the facts surrounding its subject. Essential viewing.
James A

December 2, 2008
Everything Michael Moore wishes he could do in a documentary. The best I have seen, hands down.
maxthesax
maxthesax

November 11, 2008
a very well paced and well thought out documentary concerning how the US totally botched the policing action in the aftermath of the Iraqi war.

For those whose critiques bemoaned the lack of an explaination for all that went on - guess what - there isn't one. Be it hubris, extreme nievete or greed, non of it explains how we just sat by and let the country collapse into anarchy. Rumsfeld and his boys should be rightfully ashamed and perhaps brought up on criminal charges for crimes against humanity.

I found the juxtaposition between Baghdad as the soldiers were entering it, and the bombed out husk that is mainly attributable to our actions (or lack thereof) to be humbling and frightning.
Beefy
Beefy

October 7, 2007
Ouch. Pretty scathing, mostly non-partisan look at the events that have led us to the current mess in Iraq. Unfortunately, like most films of this type, a lot of evidence is hearsay or anecdotal; it's hard to prove a point when most of the key players refuse to participate. Still, there are enough folks who were directly involved stating enough to give you pause and make you consider this is more than just some hit piece. This didn't come across to me as partisan so much as a scathing indictment of misguidance and ineptitude. The title says it all.
rubystevens
rubystevens

February 9, 2008
outstanding overview of the genesis of chaos in iraq. important viewing esp for americans in an election year. yes it will make you angry. history will take a dim view of all this i'm afraid. this film is nominated for best documentary feature
Jennifer X

January 18, 2008
I'm not really a documentary kind of person, but I've come to realize that's probably more the fault of Michael Moore than anything else. In this, the director stays coolly out of the narrative, but nevertheless paints a completely devastating, depressing picture of the Iraq War which was run by a bunch of incompetent, ignorant idiots! I cannot believe our country allowed all of this to happen and it totally does not give me a good hope for the future. I hope more people watch this so that they can know what kind of people are running our country - this goes beyond our President.
rayman0071
rayman0071

September 14, 2007
The best film yet about the Iraq War ever witnessed. A movie that really tells the truth on George Bush's pathetic administration.
John B

October 1, 2007
A very good documentary that "wins" by interviewing those involved in the early days of the occupation of Iraq. Perhaps it would have been better once the Bush presidency comes to end but it is still effective.
Alec B

January 4, 2013
Its an informative chronicle of the unmitigated disaster that was the first few years of the Iraq war, and its a great companion piece to Thomas E. Rick's chronicle of the same period, "Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq".
William G

September 15, 2007
A quite thorough and quietly damning doc on the Iraq war.
Anthony V

July 28, 2007
In case you were wondering what the US did wrong in Iraq, here's a film that explains it all. Concise and informative. A film everyone should see.
Sarah P

August 1, 2008
This doc. was excellent in its coverage of how Iraq was a mistake, and was a mess (which is an understatement) from the start. It plays off the architects of the war (Bush and his inner circle) as being strupid, or just war-crazy, when what they really are are free-market capitalist pigs. I urge everyone who enjoyed this film but doesn't understand how a quagmire like this can happen to read "The Shock Doctrine" by Naomi Klein. It is the most inightful and well explained book I have ever read.
Haley A

February 4, 2008
One of the best documentaries I've ever seen! This film definitely sums up the conflicts and issues surrounding the Iraq war, and (finally) shows that Bush isn't the person to blame for everything! It's very well done, with reliable resources, intersting/groundbreaking interviews, and shocking archives. I can see why this is nominated (and should win!) the Oscar!
Grifty G

December 10, 2007
if you want to see a blow by blow account of how the Bush administration screwed up Iraq told by people who were involved, then this is for you.
December 25, 2012
A well put together documentary about the "war on terror." Crisp, well edited and a lot of great interviews from high level people involved in the Iraq debacle. Would have liked them to get Rumsfeld or some other the other high-ups that have since left, but to no avail.
July 17, 2010
Stunning hubris & incompetence of the postwar decisions, culminating into so much needless suffering, chaos. Film ends with my jaw on the floor and my soul filled with contempt for the war planners.