—— The Identical Sep 05

No Reservations Reviews

jjnxn
jjnxn

August 3, 2007
Ordinary rom-com but Eckhart is appealing.
Alexander D

July 17, 2011
NO RESERVATIONS was a toned down version of a chick flick--excuse me--romantic and comedic drama. It wasn't funny, but I could see why some considered it a comedy.

Catherine Zeta-Jones gives her usual effort--the good, solid performance a film needs to stay together. All the other actors are boring, uninspired, and need to go to acting school. Seriously.

The plot wasn't that great, either, but it was an enjoyable film, in a way. What an idiot I sound like: me, a guy, saying a chick movie is decent. Oh, my...
Dean !

December 23, 2007
More romantic/drama than a comedy. It has more heartfelt, feel good moments than any really laugh out loud scenes. Still it was a nice story, with a good cast and well made. Just always a bit predictable.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
A nice romantic film that is great for families.
BEACHBUNNI
BEACHBUNNI

February 10, 2008
Catherine Zeta Jones plays Kate, a master chef in an upscale Manhattan Restaurant. The very single Kate has no time for romance as her life runs on planning and perfection!!! She's the Queen Bee in her restaurant kitchen,and when her sister is killed in an accident her life is suddenly turned upside down when she gains custody of her nine year old niece Zoe. Hottie Aaron Eckhar, plays Nick, the sous-chef, who loves to blast opera while directing the kitchen staff and boasts that he never went to cooking school but learned the basics in a rural Italian restaurant he encountered while backpacking across Europe...
Luke B

July 4, 2010
Not delightful, not funny, just a rather depressing drama. Everybody is kind of bland in this film, unlike the dishes they prepare. Eckhart plays the typical "come to shake it all up" guy, but even this seems forced. The films biggest problem is its weak female lead. Not so much the acting, as the character. Why is it presented as such a psychological flaw for a woman to be passionate towards her job? Zeta-Jones' character is one that will never be happy until she gets a man, despite her protests. Breslin's arrival doesn't cause too much hassle for Zeta-Jones, making this fairly uninteresting to watch. Remember ladies, if you are focused on your career then you need professional help, and the only cure is finding a good man.
movieguru12
movieguru12

February 19, 2008
Very cute movie. I thought it was very good.
MissMorganLeee
MissMorganLeee

April 4, 2009
I think this is one of my favorite romantice comedites!
Alice S

March 1, 2009
This movie is caught between romantic comedy and tear-jerking drama, neither of which truly succeeds. There isn't any scintillating food-related chemistry either.
Tim S

July 26, 2007
This is what happens when Jessica gets into my netflix. Terrible, terrible, terrible. What the fuck is Eckhart doing in this movie? I can usually suspend belief pretty well, but watching Zeta-Jones working in a kitchen after reading Bourdain's book is probably the biggest stretch I have had to deal with in a long time. Some parts of this film reminded me of a student film. You can see the ending coming five minutes into the film. I kept wishing Abigail Breslin would catch a cold that turned into cancer and then die so I wouldn't have to see her attempt acting anymore. Scott Hicks should be ashamed of himself.
puffchunk
puffchunk

September 24, 2007
Movies about food are all pretty much the same. I have some sick fascination with Aaron Eckhart, and he was good in it. Otherwise: a movie about food.
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

June 3, 2007
Actually, the movie was okay... Catherine Zeta-Jones and Aaron Eckhart with a help from Abigail Breslin surely can make this movie nice to watch.. But what I didn't like from this movie is the story, it just a little weird... The writer of this story just make the story spinning and spinning again with just a simple problem... It just a movie for killing time only, watch it if you have nothing to do with your time for about 100 minutes...
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

December 2, 2007
i enjoyed this movie much more than i anticipated i would. i was originally dissapointed that we were getting zeta-jones in a rare screen appearance as of late to such a bland film, but it was actually a worth while watch. there were some problems in the lack of detail and explination at many points, and the diologue was often very weak and unrealistic, but the film had a character of its own and a genuine charisma. good flick.
Rachel F

October 16, 2007
This was a really cute movie. Aaron Eckhart is so adorable in this. It has a great storyline and I really recommend it.
deano
deano

July 23, 2007
This warm-hearted and funny story is much love of life (and of great food), Catherine Zeta-Jones and Aaron Eckhart are fantastic in their performances as relationship alike mother-father to Abigail Breslin, who also did fantastic and, just as she did in Little Miss Sunshine, she's a scene stealer.
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
LorenzoVonMatterhorn

July 24, 2007
Chick flick is an unfair label, as are most generalizations. It is an audience-friendly film but it's also a relationship film, a food-film and a film that reminds us that change is inevitable. All the players are excellent with no one stealing the limelight. Yes, the film is reasonably predictable and that might be okay. Restaurant stories are usually very interesting and fun, this proved no exception. Looked great, nice to see a film with vibrant colors and clarity even though the setting is New York where the sun ain't always shining.
Flutie A

June 12, 2007
Typical chick-flick...lots of familiar faces for some reason.

I haven't seen many movies with Aaron Eckhart in them, but he steals the show. He has some little comedic bits that were pretty funny.

It's a little heavy on the drama at first, but overall it was a great movie....Wish I had seen it sooner.
Jose Z

August 14, 2007
Usually I dont watch or like romantic comedies, but this one was surprisingly entertaining and enjoyable. The story was good, a lot like Raising Helen but without the charm of Kate Hudson, and also a decent adaptation from the german film Mostly Martha. The plot although it was a little predictable, it convince me gratefully. It has some very funny moments, the drama was acceptable and the romance was credible. Great cast, the acting was very decent from everyone, Catherine Zeta Jones with a role that fits her really well, Aaron Eckhart very good performance, he is a very versatile actor, the chemistry between Zeta Jones and Eckhart is awesome, you can really feel the atraction between them. And Abigail Breslin again with a very solid performance, she is building a very strong career despite of her very young age. In conclussion a film that girls will love and excellent to wach it with a love one. Not reccomendable if you are single.
Leigh R

August 10, 2007
It was cute. Sad at times, hilarious in other moments, but well acted and good all around.
Nani V