67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

No Reservations Reviews

August 4, 2014
The Hollywood remake of the German movie 'Bella Martha' is more urbanized and stylish than the original one. Movies set at kitchens are great fun.They are like battle field during busy hours and exciting. I learned this from 'Dinner Rush' and 'Bella Martha'. Such scenes appear in 'No Reservations' too.
Catherine performs very well as an established but sensitive Chef in the early part. However energies running through the film is greater. It's just like a difference between urbanized Italian foods and traditional Italian dishes. This does not necessarily mean that the remake is inferior to the original. It all depends on what audiences expect from the movies.
December 8, 2008
Dependent on your opinion of the leads, but it works.
March 20, 2012
I liked this movie. I actually saw it theaters but caught it again recently. This movie strikes me in all ways and brings in the perfect tones (melancholic, romantic) that make me feel satisfied at the end.
Rodrigo y.
January 1, 2010
Catherine Zeta Jones does great movies to watch on TV. No Reservations contains a love credible love story and will make you crave for pasta with basil leaves.
May 30, 2014
Cute, funny and heartfelt. I like it. :)
September 11, 2007
such a cute movie. love the two of them together.
April 6, 2014
A decent romance drama with a nice human touch to it
July 1, 2011
This is EXACTLY my kind of movie!:)
August 24, 2007
I don't know what it is about me and movies involving chefs, but I'll give it a shot. Plus, as old as Catherine Zeta Jones is, she's still foxy. Nay, foxxay.
February 2, 2014
...effortlessly charming and delightful on how it blends romance, comedy and drama together with engaging characters to root for. It's a feel-good movie that lives up to its promises.
January 2, 2014
No Reservations misses the spark with subtle romance, dull drama and toned-down emotions, and a dollop of sophistication and pomp in the scenery and furniture.

No Reservations by Scott Hicks is a 2007 romantic comedy about 'one of the better chefs in town', a control freak, Kate (Catherine Zeta-Jones) and an exuberant and Opera-loving Nick (Aaron Eckhart) who comes and topsy-turvy her life in a very slow motion, and she starts to break her own rules when Zoe (Abigail Breslin), Kate's niece starts to like Nick and finds in him and Kate a family; and the movie takes a predictable turn and we see a budding romance between the two during their talks about food and recipes and the cold fights, but the spark is missing. First of the only two (and very bland) kisses happens after the first half.

Nothing strikes out much in the 1 hour 40 minute movie, except the opera playing in the background. A line that stuck out, said by Kate's therapist (Bob Balaban) is 'it's the recipes you create yourself that are the best'. Hence, there is no cook book for life, and you can and should break your own rules as you see fit.

Predictable for dummies, you can easily skip watching this, if you are looking for a get-lost-in-the-world-of-romance movie. A little flicker in their romance would have spiced things up enough to have me give it an above-average rating, considering the genre.
February 9, 2008
CUTE movie... clean too... which is shocking for a chick flick.
August 2, 2007
maybe it might be interesting
BatMime
October 13, 2013
The film feels unfocused - the filmmakers just throw together a bunch of domestic, workplace, and romantic crises into a blender and what we end up with is "chick flick frappe." I got bored with this one about halfway through and then dutifully slogged my way through the rest of it. It doesn't get any more focused or interesting in the second hour.
Teresa M.
September 19, 2013
Bland and boring compared to the brilliant "Mostly Martha".
jjnxn
jjnxn

August 3, 2007
Ordinary rom-com but Eckhart is appealing.
July 28, 2007
Funny & delicious! Cute romance!
July 2, 2013
This movie had me crying and laughing, confused.. angry.. and then really happy.. Not sure what it was about it, but I loved it.
June 18, 2013
Not only does it feel too similar to other movies I've seen, but it's also surprisingly somber for a rom-com.
June 5, 2013