Nocturne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nocturne Reviews

August 24, 2010
This is an early short-film from Lars Von Trier. As so often before it's dark and odd. It's an okay film, but not among his best.
June 11, 2009
An early Lars von Trier short that is infinitely atmospheric with eye-catching dark cinematography highlighting primary colors. The opening I recommend to all film students - it's stunning visually and auditory. The story is about a woman with some sort of eye impediment; this of course relates to nocturnal animals and how they have eyes better suited for the night. I read that Lars von Trier has a fear of flying and this story is probably a channel for that. Arty and visually gorgeous.
½ February 18, 2013
Surprisingly, Lars adheres to the principles of Dogma more in his shorts that in his full-length features
August 24, 2010
September 6, 2009
Short-film by Trier. I liked, beautiful, visual.
June 11, 2009