Critics Consensus: Non-Stop is a Bumpy Ride
Plus, Son of God is less than heavenly.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- The Oscar-nominated animated feature Ernest & CÚlestine, about the friendship between a mouse and a bear, is at 100 percent.
- The Lunchbox, starring Irfan Khan in a romantic dramedy about an unwitting penpal relationship between a neglected housewife and a lonely widower, is at 96 percent.
- Two Lives, starring Liv Ullmann in a drama about a woman whose past comes to light with the fall of the Berlin Wall, is at 86 percent.
- Fatal Assistance, a documentary about the troubled relief effort in the wake of the 2009 Haiti earthquake, is at 71 percent.
- Stalingrad, an IMAX 3D epic about the brutal World War II battle, is at 48 percent.
- Almost Human, a sci-fi horror flick about a man who returns to earth after being abducted by aliens, is at 42 percent.
- Odd Thomas, starring Anton Yelchin and Willem Dafoe in a supernatural thriller about a small town resident with the ability to see ghosts, is at 29 percent.
- HairBrained, starring Brendan Fraser and Parker Posey in a comedy about the friendship between a precocious teen and a fortysomething slacker at a small liberal arts college, is at 22 percent.
- The Bag Man, starring John Cusack and Robert De Niro in a thriller about a crook hired to make a delivery to a powerful crime lord, is at 9 percent.
- Chlorine, starring Vincent D'Onofrio and Kyra Sedgwick in a dramedy about a banker who scams a tennis pro in an upscale suburb, is at zero percent.