Norma Jean and Marilyn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Norma Jean and Marilyn Reviews

May 28, 2007
Didn't think much of this, but Ashley is lovely.
½ January 8, 2007
The story was interesting and the acting was brilliant. Especially the decision to have two actresses play the role. I really need to see this again...
½ December 18, 2008
HBO produced this portrayal of the creation of Marilyn Monroe. It contains T&A and shows us a much more psychologically broken (split personality) version of the icon. Of course the casting lends itself to this. Ashley Judd plays Norma Jean, though there are flashbacks to earlier events in her childhood with younger actresses too. Even when Norma Jean goes through the transformation to become Marilyn Monroe, played by Mira Sorvino, Judd as Norma Jean still appears to Marilyn to push her to success. We meet most of the men who were Norma Jean/Marilyn's lovers or husbands and this shows us the many phases that made up her life. This tv movie casts a wide net over the events that made Marilyn who she was, but through it all Judd is the strongest presence at its center.
½ December 10, 2007
Quite interesting story plot that centralizes on the life of the Hollywood starlet. Great cast- Ashley Judd, Mira Sorvino, and Josh Charles. Worthy!
April 19, 2007
I'm not sure how honest an adaptation this is of her life as I've seen others. The lead actress did ok. Sometimes she was Marilyn other times it didn't work. Combs has a very small part as Clift as he and Marilyn have an emotional evening with drugs.
February 15, 2012
It's well acted and everything, but whoever researched it and wrote the script, messed up a lot of stuff and there are tons of inaccuracies and over dramatized accounts and some made up stuff that does not even happen in Marilyn's life. If you're a true Marilyn fan, you know what I mean... and it's easy to spot these inaccuracies. I like the acting, the story sucked... too much wrong with it to enjoy.
March 24, 2008
this role for Ashley Judd a word....evil! I love it! haha Mira's role makes me pity Marilyn Monroe if this was at all true.
November 20, 2007
Great bio-pic of Marilyn Monroe...although I am not a fan of Mira Sorvino, this movie is still really good & very sad :( Not entirely accurate though.
October 10, 2007
Lame. Not all what I expected & not at all what I was hoping for.

Marilyn Monroe is one of the biggest icons today & she is still beautiful to me, but I think Sorvino didn't have the talent to do this role. After this still love Monroe, just look at her differently.

There were things that happened in the movie that left questions & there were scenes in the movie I don't remember ever hearing about.

It got annoying listening to Judd as Norma Jean yell at Monroe. I think it made her issues seem much worse than they were. Yes, she was unhappy, but damn... the girl needed help.
½ June 17, 2007
An excellent protrayal of Marilyn Monroe as a Schisophrenic.

"Except me the way that I am or don't take me at all!"
June 8, 2007
the poor girl was so messed up, but she is a legend, and will always be one of the most beautiful women to me!
½ December 7, 2006
I think they do a pretty good job in this movie. A little over-dramatized, yes, but that's why we watch movies!
½ October 20, 2012
simply awful. I love Marilyn but this movie is bloody awful.
May 31, 2012
This was seriously one of the worst movies that I have ever seen, the portrayal of Marilyn was ok but to literal I think they should have done it in a more creative way. For those who know nothing of Marilyn this movie is absolutely great but for those who are interested in actors with better acting jobs Never EVER WATCH THIS MOVIE.
February 8, 2010
Let's face it, this is a tv movie with a low budget. Her biggest fans don't really want to hear it, but in real life she wasn't really legendary. Ashley Judd gives a nice performance and you'll like her sarcastic performance. What surprised me was how well Mira Sorvino gets Marilyn's movements. For a tv movie this is outstanding and I actually thought that this had just been a low budget film when I first saw it. Now in comments there have been some inputs that they didn't like it because...they didn't like what was said about Marilyn. There is one thing displaying bad things about someone and there is displaing factual errors. Now critics were not against this films, and there are no major factual errors that are displayed in this film.