Norma Rae - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Norma Rae Reviews

½ April 26, 2016
Oh yes, the seventies, when feminism was a popular subject. Field gives a stellar performance as a worker who teams up with the union. The overall story is a bit slow but the cast shines even when the direction is lacking.
½ February 9, 2016
Norma Rae is too predictable and safe to be ambitious, but Sally Field´s phenomenal performance more than compensates for its flaws.
November 11, 2015
Awesome film that covers racism for some reason, which I felt was unnecessary given the time period. But the main point was about a company who was treating employees unfairly and a union rep comes into town and refuses to leave until the union is either established or never comes into fruition. Very well done, very interesting. Definitely, an amazing film that needs to be seen by everyone.
½ May 21, 2012
gr8 yet another lost review
½ July 11, 2015
Sally Field is absolutely sensational in the title role, combining Southern determination with naivete and panache in a brilliant combination. The film moves slowly but uses tension and pace well to get to the film's climax.
½ May 30, 2015
Good performance from Sally Field. Reminiscent of Silkwood, but Norma Rae is easily the better movie for me. The characters feel real, and I'm glad at the way they handled Norma Rae and Reuben's relationship (keeping it barely platonic) and also Norma Rae and her husbands relationship, and while not making Beau Bridges' character a saint, doesn't make him a villain, either.
May 22, 2015
A good film featuring a great turn by Sally Field. However, it does not live up to the praise that it has been given.
½ November 14, 2014
August 11, 2014
Sally Field greatest movie!
July 31, 2014
Such an inspiringly written screenplay and performance by the ring leading lady Sally Field.

I love Sally Field in this, I need to see more of her films. The next one will be Places in the Heart.

She is so pretty and she knows how to use her talent of acting well.

This is such a great film.
June 6, 2014
Great ensemble work especially from Sally Field in one of her best performances.
½ April 20, 2014
This movie shows people that if you work hard you should be fairly rewarded for it.
January 23, 2014
Kind of a relic from a bygone era, Norma Rae is a female unionist who goes through much of the trials and tribulations that one goes through in organizing a union in a hostile environment. Sally Field was nonetheless aptly rewarded for giving it her all.
½ September 16, 2013
There's something strangely powerful about this movie. You're just riding along through the colorful lives of these characters--caught also by the union organizer's guts--then suddenly Norma makes her grand stand and you somehow can't look away. You're just there, crying through the triumphs.
Theme song "It Goes Like It Goes" is gorgeous and rightfully deserved its Oscar, in my opinion. This film is unique in how it was made and what it portrays.
August 10, 2013
The plot, and the movie in general, feel a bit hap-hazard, but in the end, this film is about one person, Sally Field. She won the Oscar for this role, and having seen none of the other women she was nominated against, I am going to say that she deserved it. I found her compelling, so even though the movie is fairly weak, I was fascinated by her transition from reckless drunken whore to hard nosed union organizer.
½ August 5, 2013
Emocionante e envolvente. Um belo comentário social com excelentes atuações e uma direção direta, sem compromissos e breguice barata.
½ July 12, 2013
I had no idea when I started it, how powerful it would turn out to be.
½ July 28, 2011
Sally Field is good. That's about it.