• Unrated, 1 hr. 34 min.

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

North Sea Texas Reviews

June 22, 2014
A heartwarming movie with a flair of optimism about the romantic relationship of two teenage guys from the coast of Belgium with a (thankfully) happy ending :)
February 15, 2014
I must be missing something because this movie got great reviews. However, I found it boring, slow, and pointless
January 26, 2014
A surly teenager comes of age in a Belgian coastal village.
A soulful tale of first love performed by a decent ensemble. Shot with a sombre palette, which matches the mood of the piece. A worthy film for a debut feature director.
pugcharlie
January 11, 2014
Poignant and touching, impressive performances. What a nice find on Netflix.
September 15, 2013
Simple, straightforward, and just plain enjoyable.
Daniel P

August 3, 2013
Beautifully shot, nostalgic piece that effortlessly, albeit not originally, explores sexuality and adolescence, with deft performances from the three young leads.
Nicholas Mooneyhan
July 19, 2013
A film that is more real than you might think. It really hits home if you're one who has experienced what Pim goes through. I don't think the lack of emotions hurt the film at all, it serves its purpose here and has meaning. Recommended.
July 14, 2013
the story feels a bit underdeveloped, nevertheless, the atmosphere is well created. Could have, and should have been more...
December 7, 2012
A quietly touching Belgian film about a young boy's coming of age and yearning for love.
May 14, 2013
Very touching coming of age story. I thought the cast and script worked well together.
April 4, 2013
Beautiful Dutch drama
Marvin James Cho
April 2, 2013
It's worth noting that the film is based on a different setting. So people must remember that cultural backgrounds may be a bit unsettling and confusing. Nonetheless, the film exerts genuine acting and simple scenes that may be all to familiar. Making this film engaging and touching in a sense. With its nostalgic cinematography and convincing cast. The film is very recommended.
March 29, 2013
WHAT THE FUCK DID I WATCH?!
March 27, 2013
A sweet coming of age film, that serves as the younger Brokeback Mountain
Luke S.
March 3, 2013
A very heartwarming story and a concept that's very personal to me. Its length and pacing gives it a morose tone despite what could have been a happier story and it feels a little impersonal when it's not in your own tongue, both being understandable. "North Sea Texas" is a bit vague with it's storytelling, but the sweet and realistic nature of it made it enjoyable nevertheless. A very good movie overall.
March 1, 2013
I have very mixed feelings about this movie. On the one hand I don't feel like this movie gives me much to think about. The subject matter -- coming of age and young love -- is played out, and the movie dwells too much on its aesthetics. Having said that, there is some beautiful cinematography, and the relationship between the two main characters is convincing. The very last scene in particular was done so well it still lingers in my mind.
February 24, 2013
Very well crafted look and tone, but a little too lite on the development.
February 23, 2013
gay, not interested.
Ross California
February 15, 2013
Movie about gay kids ? Awesome. That's what America needs.