Movies Like Nosferatu, a Symphony of Horror (Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens) (Nosferatu the Vampire)

92% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

100% Suits: Season 4
38% Taxi Brooklyn: Season 1
—— Wilfred: Season 4
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Nosferatu, a Symphony of Horror (Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens) (Nosferatu the Vampire) Reviews

January 29, 2014
It's impact is undeniable; "Nosferatu" is a silent-era classic.
January 26, 2014
With Nosferatu, F.W. Murnau made one of the most influential masterpieces of the silent era, that set the standards for every subsequent horror film. A haunting, chilling experience, Nosferatu is a memorable ride thanks to Murnau's impeccable, landmarking vision, impressive camera work and set designs, and a bravura performance from Max Sherk .
Chris B

October 21, 2011
A silent masterpiece of cinema and one of most influential Horror films of all time, Nosferatu, A Symphony of Horror is an eerie and atmospheric master work! With Max Shrek playing the role of Orlok Nosferatu, the film is bleak and at times terrifying thanks to his sinister portrayal of Dracula and his unforgettable makeup covered face. What a great film that is only aided by It's old filming techniques and stark Black and White cinematography. A must see for Horror fans! This Blu-ray set by Kino is not only well done but includes a cut with English intertitles and on the second disc another cut featuring German intertitles. The German version is slightly better in terms of picture quality and doesn't have the very minor cropping that was performed on the English version.
Hiatt N.
July 24, 2012
Everyone has favourite films, and everyone has a personal reason for their favourite films. For me, this is one of my favourite films, for a very specific reason: this is the movie that made me understand cinema. Up until I saw Nosferatu, I hadn't seen many films and didn't know much about films. Then I saw this on YouTube, and watched it. When the movie ended, I was shocked. The movie was pure art, and was ... beautiful. I'd never thought to describe a movie as beautiful before, but that's what this was. At first, I thought it was the fact that it was a silent film. However, after I filled in my knowledge of silent films, I found that it wasn't just silent films I loved. It was film as art, true cinema, and not just pure entertainment. Nosferatu has haunted me since that first viewing, and I have spent my movie watching career since trying to capture that feeling of amazement at the realization that a film was so much more than I originally thought. I never caught that feeling again, but I suppose Nosferatu is no ordinary film.
January 17, 2014
An unsung grandfather to the modern horror, and a staple for the genre Nosferatu is a masterpiece for it's time. It is very dated, yes, but for those who can appreciate classics, this will not disappoint. 4/5 Haunting.
September 12, 2012
Inquientante como pocas .
Matty Stanfield
January 2, 2014
F.W. Murnau's 1922 silent film remains an eerie and fascinating film on more than a few levels. Silent film can be fun to watch, but generally it can become a bit laborious after a while as we have all grown so accustomed to actors having dialog and sound. However, there is nothing slow or dull about what Murnau and his collaborators created. The film is visually stunning. And while we all know the story, one is still drawn into this off-kilter world. Max Schreck is truly horrifying as the far more animalistic creature than we normally see portrayed as a vampire. Simply brilliant. In addition, KINO has added a documentary which offers insight into the director and his friends interest in the occult which makes the whole film seem even more creepy. A must see.
November 9, 2013
This film establishes the very concept of what we currently deem as "creepy" - although modern audiences may find it laughable. Overacted? Yes indeed - but countless vampire films have sought to capture this same mood to greatly varied success. See the original.
Riley W

January 19, 2007
Saying this is a silent film, the first ever to show a vampire, probably puts everyone off from seeing it. But when I showed this to my girlfriend and her roomate (who never watch silent films), they even had to admit it's creepier then they expected. Give it a go, if for no other reason than to see the birth of horror films.
366weirdmovies
366weirdmovies

December 12, 2007
The earliest (unauthorized) adaptation of Dracula relocates the action to Germany in the late 1800s. Mixing imagery of disease and sex, F.W. Murnau's horror classic is helped immensely by the presence of the mysterious Max Schreck, whose rat-faced Count Orlock looks totally inhuman and remains arguably the scariest vampire ever depicted onscreen.
DO NOT FORGET MY NAME
November 19, 2013
You only hate this movie if you're a Millennial.
November 14, 2013
This movie is intriguing as it is silent and eerie in parts, particularly where Orlok rises from his coffin in the ship. But to see that short scene you have to watch a lot of boring parts and the "acting" is abysmal by today's standards (particularly Hutter and Knock). And what was that random venus fly trap scene all about?
November 13, 2013
The original vampire movie, it has influenced so much that came after it. The effects aren't bad either considering it was made over 90 years ago.
November 11, 2013
Maybe perfect for its time but I find it now lacking suspense and thrills or even creativity.
November 3, 2013
Schreck is unforgettable... L
cosmo313
cosmo313

October 3, 2009
Ladies and gentlemen: the first vampire film. It's an unofficial adaptation of Dracula, to boot. No, it's not really scary, but it's definitely creepy and eerie. Atmosphere is key here. The film is great at creating and maintaining an unsettling mood and environment. Music is key too. However, the version I saw had a modern soundtrack, including surf music. At times this really clashed with the actions on screen, lessening the impact and making things seem a little silly. The music itself was good, just sometimes out of place. When it fits perfectly though- things were amazing. This movie may be old, but it kicked off what is basically one of the most pervasive, popular, and continually evolving subgenres of film. Hats off to German cinema and F.W. Murnau.
filmlover1994
July 19, 2012
1931's Dracula Is One Of My Favorite Films.
October 22, 2009
nosferatu has a scary look but its way way to slow. better then the Dracula movie from a few years later though.