—— The Identical Sep 05

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Notes from the Tilt-a-Whirl Reviews

September 27, 2011
The movie is excellent, just like the book. The content was spot on and the presentation was very intentional. At times during the movie, N.D. talked just a bit too fast, but that would be my only critique. The use of clips that don't seem to really be connected in any way does for the movie what Wilson's rabbit trails did for the book; they added to the feeling of being on a tilt-a-whirl.
Laura
September 16, 2011
Who wouldn't want to live in a world like this? N.D. Wilson's portrayal of this crazy beautiful world is one-of-a-kind and I wish I'd thought of it myself. The gorgeous filmography alongside the punchy, yet emotional narration makes for a powerful defense of the Christian God.
September 16, 2011
This movie is a refreshing look at the journey of life. Very enjoyable and inspiring. Highly recommend this to everyone!
September 16, 2011
‚??Notes from a Tilt-A-Whirl‚?? is one of my favorite books, so I was skeptical about a film version. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this film as well as how it was shot. I didn‚??t know what to expect from a ‚??Bookumentary,‚?? but I thought the images supplemented the content very well. I also love the unapologetic approach N.D. Wilson takes when tackling controversial topics. I think he sets a standard for all Christian men to meet if they want to step into the ring of Western Philosophy.
September 14, 2011
Loved the book, loved the movie. That doesn't usually happen.
September 14, 2011
Saw the snippet on YouTube! Very insightful! Can't wait to see it tonight, on Netflix :o)
September 14, 2011
I really enjoyed Nate Wilson's examination of our wild and interesting world. This is exactly what is needed to help us see the world for what it is...a dazzling and spectacularly weird place. Who needs science fiction? Look at what's growing in your garden! Interviews and extras on the DVD were also well done. I also enjoyed the book.
September 13, 2011
Loved it. Thoughtful and intriguing. Totally changed my perspective on how God communicates or better yet, has communicated with us
Really awe inspiring.
September 13, 2011
Fantastic. Notes from the Tilt-a-Whirl is an incredible apologetic for living life with eyes wide open and hearts full of gratitude. ND Wilson's perspective on all aspects of life is refreshing and insightful.
September 13, 2011
The movie is beautiful and the words of N. D. Wilson are full of gratitude and wonder, like the words we see as everything.
September 13, 2011
A lot of visual joy, just like the world it represents.
I have ordered the DVD. Very inspiring
September 13, 2011
Breathtaking. Hilarious. Scathing. Fiercely jolly. If you ever want to learn about ants, creation, thunderstorms, evil, Hamlet, eternity, snow, hell, pain and death all rolled into one ecstatic ball, then watch this film. It will sprawl you, wind you, pick you up and then push you on your way even as you hold out both arms to stop the world from rocking. It will blind you with beauty and insist that you see.
September 13, 2011
An incredibly powerful and intelligent work.