November Reviews

July 9, 2014
I was disappointed. I,think because i,watch so,many movies i can alwas tell,where they start to fall apart. The idea of having your boyfriend killed builds up to shock,and intensified headaches, but, then, out of all this confusion, scene, after scene, we finally discover, at the end, that she is dead too . I find that to be a cliche and more could have been done with his movie and actors with great talent that is wasted. It started out with such a strong idea and then fails because you don't know what's happening and then it ends abruptly with a quick solution.
December 8, 2012
What a disappointment. This is not the 'thriller' it promises to be. There is too little dialogue........way too much silent footage where the viewer has to guess what the actors are thinking. This gets very tiring. Courtney Cox did a wonderful job, but she truly had little to work with, primarily because the Director did not do a good job of directing. A decent ending would have been appreciated. Instead it leaves the viewer frustrated and wondering.
May 7, 2012
Good editing, but Courteney Cox royally sucks in this.
February 17, 2006
In terms of being original it was very good and a different look at a bad situation, but it just left me confused as to what had actually happened. I don't think anyone other than the creators really know for certain what happened. It was very 'student film' and the acting was pretty bad in some places. Not something I'll be watching again and something I'd definitely recommend not to see.
½ August 3, 2010
This movie was really interesting but i didn't really get it. but this feeling of being lost is what made this film for me plus some good acting from courtney. worth a look
½ February 7, 2010
Hmm.. strange movie. I'm not understanding it completely. There are more time paradoxes but it's all a bit too unclear. Courteney Cox is not a bad actress at all, but she shouldn't play this kind of role I think. It just doesn't seem to be her style, maybe she wants to get rid of her Monica (Friends) character or something, I don't know.
It could have been an interesting movie, but unfortunately it didn't turn out that way.
½ January 13, 2010
I don't know why they put this in "drama" shelf... for me it's horror film...
½ September 1, 2009
This movie.....really makes you think and makes you want to watch it again to see every little detail of what truly happened the night of November 7th. People think what they want about the movie, but I do know the story. The truth is, the "reality" of the film isn't until the end of the movie. When she finally accepts she's dieing. Everything in between her "denying" and "despairing" is her just trying to cope with the reality of her situation, which is she got shot in the gut, and is about to die. The people she see's, and all the clues lead to the answer and you must watch to find out. Great movie no matter what critics say, because they probably are to stupid to understand it.
½ October 6, 2008
Aquele tipico filme ruim q cortam ele em vários pedaços pra fazer o roteiro ficar interessante
½ September 23, 2007
it was good i liked it :D
February 12, 2007
After watching this film I still have no idea what the hell it is about but it did somewhat intrigued me. Courtney Cox-Arquette gives an adequate performance and the direction is visually great. While this film will confuse a lot of viewers (trust me my one of them) and there some aspects I still don't get, still I couldn't help but be interested and engaged by it. If you love a good mind fuck, then this may be for you.
½ March 29, 2008
this movie was hard to sit through. i was bored 30 minutes into it.
September 27, 2006
I did not really like this movie.
½ March 18, 2008
RATING (0 to ****): ***

Many films, as we know, want us to watch them over and over again; the most audacious ones will deliberately confuse the viewer, and oftentimes such films just end up being tedious with an air of audience contempt. Much to my surprise, this was not the case for the all-but-forgotten indie "November", which stars Courtney Cox.

Evaluating continually the events circling a convenience store robbery (in which the boyfriend of Cox's character was murdered) and eventually using the tried-and-true trick of repeating just about everything three times, "November" is also incredibly stylish and very much non-linear. It all goes by so fast, however, that it's also a lot of fun to rearrange the puzzle pieces and find out what goes where.

Within a runtime of 68 minutes- which I will assure you does not feel too short- the groundwork is laid out for us: our character visits a psychiatrist whose office has a quirky elevator, thanks to a variety of psychological problems that require tons of medication, she had an affair that she's guilty about, and she teaches a photography class whose slide projector actually displays photos of that convenience store. Each of these things stack up and become revealed in ways we really don't expect them to be.

In fact, I think the only part of the film you'd be able to predict correctly is the ending, but its sketchy timeline could tell you a different story. Exhilarating from start to finish, "November" is that movie that you just might want to rent again with a notepad in hand.

MPAA: R (violence and some language)
Runtime: 1 hour, 18 minutes (68 minutes of "real movie"; look out for the extra-slow ending credits)
½ December 25, 2007
I watched like the last hour of this. I really really liked it, though I don't think I quite understood it. I need to see it again, from the beginning.
½ December 16, 2007
I was dissapointed. I thought this was going to be a very great movie and I go totally confused.
December 10, 2007
medio predecible a partir de la mitad pero no esta nada mal para ser el intento de cine de arte de esta actriz de Friends
October 19, 2007
Captivating but slightly confusing drama about one woman (Courtney Cox) who descends into madness after her boyfriend is murdered in a convenience store robbery. Shot with the same camera I own (the Panasonic DVX100), which is the chief reason I wanted to see the movie, but it's an interesting narrative achievement. Comparisons with the work of David Lynch are unavoidable, but well-deserved. Cox is very good in a challenging role that's as far removed from "Friends" as it's possible to be. Well worth a look, but be prepared to supply your own interpretation.