Nowhere - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nowhere Reviews

½ May 21, 2009
Shallow L.A. teenagers take drugs and have kinky sex all day in preparation for the party of the year, while a rubber alien reptile occasionally stalks and abducts them. Mostly unfunny satire that tries to cover up its lack of ideas and humor with cheap irony and dimestore surrealism; probably should have been titled BILL & TED'S HOMOEROTIC HALLUCINATION.
February 8, 2009
no plot, no climax or any of that stuff. just a simple, pleasant look at teenagers in suburbia. dont think. just watch.
November 17, 2010
A well-orchestrated mess that revolves entirely around style. Araki's use of imagery and music is masterful. The script doesn't appear to communicate anything of much consequence, but the film is so absorbing and entertaining that it doesn't really matter.
May 28, 2012
wha one half star ratings? this movie = no need for drugs cause it's on crack itself. "wtf" will be runnin through your mind til the credits.
August 19, 2007
An oddity about the alienation (literally) of a dissatisfied teen society, this movie does not have the best acting or sets or cinematography, but damn, it's original and interesting.
June 9, 2009
Finally I got to see the amazing movie that is "Nowhere"! Its complex, funny, and the slew of actors in this movie playing these, (at times ridiculous parts) makes this movie a fantastic ride. Its currently playing on IFC and I def recommend it! My future baby daddy (Guillermo) looks so cute in this movie, he's just the icing on my cake! I know that this was the third in a series, but since I can't find the first two, I'll take what I can get. Greg Araki, where are those DVD releases for the first 2?
½ June 21, 2008
Greg Arakki's final installment of the Teen Apocalypse Trilogy is his most accomplished in the series. I've seen this movie countless time, and it touches on the basic spectrum of human emotion, funny and tragic, jaded and empathetic, it's very poetic and a wonderful movie.
½ May 29, 2008
Araki does it again but this time in dayglow!! So the story is simple boy looking for soul mate gets dumped, falls for a guy, that turns into a bug thing, you run of the mill love story. Add cameos, social satire, techna- color and surrealism and viola a truly original film.
June 17, 2007
A movie I saw on my first date....

A lot of cameos. Traci Lords, Chrisitine Apple Gate and many more
May 22, 2007
dirty, rotten boy sticks chocolate inside his girlfriend.. then eats it out.. my type of flick.. includes violence, gore, aliens & spanking as a bonus!
½ May 1, 2007
i've seen this one too many times. probally best when you are on acid otherwise it will make no sense
½ November 19, 2006
ham fisted angst and wildly unbelievable reastions to what most kids these days go through at 13, araki both fails and suceeds at the genre he helped define. no one can do this kind of movie better than he can, but one day, we all grow out of this movie, and his others. still, it did have a suprisingly great sence of comedy, and the ending really couldn't be any better than that.
November 6, 2006
my favorite movie in the Teen Apocolypse Trilogy.One of the most visually eye popping movies.Bright,well acted,and original.Also,random as hell
October 26, 2006
I thought this was a very intresting movie in the aspect of characters. There are alot of cameos including Shannen Doherty, Traci Lords, Rose McGowan, Debi Mazar, Christina Applegate, Ryan Phillippe, Heather Graham, Racheal True, Mena Suvari, and countless others: Also has the guy who plays the bunny in Donnie Darko (James Duval)
October 24, 2006
A surrealist after-school special with the colors turned up too high and a message about a lost generation that's all too real. This was my introduction to Gregg Araki's vision of Los Angeles and where I fell in love with the man
½ May 15, 2015
This would appear to be Araki doing his best John Waters impersonation. The problem? Waters never worried about being cool. This entire movie is a mess.
½ June 2, 2014
Drugs, violence, sex, and an amazing soundtrack.
February 3, 2013
For once the tagline for a movie is an accurate synopsis because Nowhere is "a Beverly Hills 90210 episode on acid." Gregg Araki's "Nowhere" has an ensemble cast of who's-who from the late 1990s teen stars (James Duvall, Rachel True, Mena Suvari, Ryan Phillippe, Heather Graham, Guillermo Diaz) as perverse, vulgarly inarticulate, Californian hipster nihilists. Some of the best worst dialogue in the history of film, bisexual fantasies, alien abductions, murder by a can of Campbell's tomato soup, cyber punk carjacking gangs, beefcake drag queens and a cameo by Rose McGowan, Shannon Doherty and Traci Lords as three vacuous valley girls who argue and gossip about each others dates before being vaporized by an alien leaving only their retainers and high heels behind. AMAZING!!!!
½ July 31, 2012
While the whole film is satirical and not meant to be taken literally, it's flawed plot does have some very interesting moments, particularly it's unusual ending.
July 20, 2012
Amazing opening credits. I'm outta here, what more can be said? Lol. This was definately the best of the teenage apocalypse trilogy. Best dialogue goes to; "Ahhhhhhhhhh".