64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

71% Dallas: Season 3
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Nudist Colony of the Dead Reviews

August 16, 2009
It's a zombie musical. I recommend you watch it if you see this. It's funny , and would've gotten 3 1/2 stars if not for this one song they sing in the van. That song just gets dragged out forever.
August 13, 2013
One of the most enjoyable low budget movie I have ever seen
August 26, 2012
Not Mark Pirro's best work but it was entertaining!
July 4, 2011
So, bad that it's good but sort of drags on, it's worth a watch. and then to watch about 20 minutes of clips after that.
Khatife
October 9, 2008
For the obvious lack of budget to shoot this movie, the makeup effects are not really that bad. funny catchy songs. Campy- but not very much nudity. a little bit of T but really no A, Sound quality is not the best.

If your in for something differant- I would recommend this- but dont come with high expectations
RobGorman
November 19, 2007
These are some more films that can't be rated directly on the page. To be updated until the max of 5 is reached.

Prey- Though it has surprisingly good production values for a straight-to-video horror such as shooting in Africa, an abundance of vehicles, and trained lions, the movie is essentially Cujo in Africa and it is painfully formulaic and uninteresting at parts.

Jungle Holocaust/Last Cannibal World- A campy cannibal film that is commendible for its relative lack of redshirts and needless gore; manages to create somewhat of an atmosphere and feels like more of an adventure than most cannibal films.

Nudist Colony of the Dead- Despite featuring no full-frontal, the film is still the funniest comedy I have seen in a very long time; one of the most absurd, side-splitting musicals you are ever likely to see.

Massacre in Dinosaur Valley- Although I was expecting cheap stop-motion dinosaurs, the film was instead about a paleontologist who finds himself immersed in a nudity-rife Amazon adventure that is both campy and fun.

Futurama: Bender's Big Score- Though a minor disappointment compared to the potential of a feature length Futurama film, it is still an entertaining bit of fan service that is on-and-off funny and ultimately saved by a touching twist.
SteveMiller
October 25, 2005
Nudist Colony of the Dead
Starring: Deborah Lynn, Rachel Latt, Brad Mendelson, and Forrest J. Ackerman
Director: Mark Pirro

"Nudist Colony of the Dead' is one of the funniest low-budget movies I've seen that was intended to be funny. Solidly in the B-movie range, it nonetheless features a number of A-list laughs!

The film is at once a parody of slasher-movies, zombie movies, musicals, and preachy After School Special-type programmes. It opens with one of the funniest courtroom scenes I've seen... the final battle between a group of nudists and a group of Christians who want their nudist colony shut down. The nudists lose the battle... and rather than put on clothes and move elsewhere they choose to commit ritual suicide. Years later, the Christians have turned the camp into a Bible retreat for troubled youth, but "accidents" keep happening there, as the dead nudists rise to take gory revenge with each visit. And all the killing and maiming is framed by pithy little songs! The "twist-ending" required from this kind of horror film is also pretty cute, all things considered.

There isn't any particularly noteworthy singing or acting talent on display by any of the performers in the film, but the lyrics are so hilarious that it doesn't really matter. (The theme song is dippy but still very funny and it sets the tone for the film that follows.) Some of the zombie antics are also pretty darn funny, such as the scene where they kill a girl by pouring cement down her throat... after putting ear muffs on her sleeping companion so as to not wake her.

There are some pacing problems, however. The film sags in the middle (nearly as bad as the boobs on the crusty old nudist who casts the curse that causes the deceased to rise), and they're bad enough to make me knock off a Tomato.

All in all, a worthwhile film, but somewhat lacking. If you're not seeing anything else that interests you and you believe you have a bizarre sense of humour, check this film out.