Oasis of the Zombies (1981)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Movie Info

In a remote desert oasis, a fortune in gold was hidden by the Nazis during World War 2. 50 years later, a bunch of fortune-hunters converge on that selfsame oasis. Imagine their discomfiture upon discovering that the gold is being guarded by an army of zombies.

Rating: R
On DVD: Apr 10, 2001

Show More Cast

News & Interviews for Oasis of the Zombies

Friend Ratings

No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.

Critic Reviews for Oasis of the Zombies

All Critics (2)

... he distracted, sloppy camerawork, perfunctory scripting, flat dubbing, and ratty make-up make this one for the Franco-philes, and for those who find camp value in clumsy, shamelessly brazen exploitation.

Full Review… | March 23, 2013
Parallax View

[Director Jesus Franco's] command of audio/visual augmentation is a force to be reckoned with.

Full Review… | October 7, 2007
Projection Booth

Audience Reviews for Oasis of the Zombies

Without a doubt the very worst Zombie Movie I have seen to date. I found this in the Mill Creek Chiller Classic 50 Movie collection. I wouldn't touch this one with a 10ft pole otherwise. The Zombies had plastic eyes that looked two different directions, it was a joke, slow, took forever to see the zombies, pass it up.

Bruce Bruce

I decided to dive into a Franco boxset going in order from lowest IMDB rating to best, so I wasn't expecting this to be anything less than terrible. I was not disappointed in that expectation.

A bunch of remarkably cheap looking zombies make short work of explorers, there's some terrible acting, etc. It's as silly as you might expect, but I suppose it might be fun if you have friends around to poke fun at it with you.

Oasis of the Zombies Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Oasis of the Zombies on our Movie forum!