Critics Consensus: Oblivion Looks Great, But Its Story Meanders
Plus, In the House is creepy and witty.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Ain't In It For My Health: A Film About Levon Helm, a documentary about the Band's legendary drummer and vocalist, is at 100 percent.
- In the House, starring Kristin Scott Thomas and Emmanuelle Seigner in a thriller about a high school student who insinuates himself into the life of his teacher, is at 88 percent.
- Deceptive Practices: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay, a doc about the noted character actor and world-class magician, is at 83 percent.
- Herman's House, a documentary about a collaboration between an artist and prison inmate in solitary confinement, is at 83 percent.
- Rob Zombie's The Lords of Salem, a horror film about a radio DJ who is haunted by a coven of witches, is at 44 percent.
Finally, props to Emilio Rodriguez and Kadeem Stewart for coming the closest to guessing Scary Movie 5's five percent Tomatometer.