—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

38% Taxi Brooklyn: Season 1
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Ocean's Twelve Reviews

September 15, 2013
More clever and funnier than the predecessor with the same smartness and greatness. (A)

(Full review coming soon)
August 19, 2014
Because Ocean's Eleven made so much money, Hollywood apparently decided that there should be a sequel. It's too bad that they didn't do anything to improve over the first film in any way. If anything, they made it much worse. The film has so many bankable stars that it basically serves as a self-indulgent vehicle for everyone in it. The story itself doesn't exactly help, seeing as it moves at an unsatisfying slow pace purely for the sake of showcasing the film's overly slick sense of style. I also find the film's premise to be overly convoluted and ridiculous, since in this movie, the main characters have to steal money in order to pay it back to a mobster who wants them dead. Wouldn't a group of thieves steal money so they can keep it to themselves? By-and-large, Ocean's Twelve is basically an uninteresting rehash of the previous film, but without anything that made its predecessor remotely passable.
tonka_02
August 18, 2014
I'm rating this one star for the star power. There were two times during this movie that I wanted to turn the film off. I paid $3.00 for the DVD and want to take it back for a refund. There was not much of a story line. It seemed like pieces were just thrown in for convenience to make the movie work. I will say I really enjoyed Oceans 11.
February 12, 2010
(First and only full viewing - December 2004 in theaters)
November 14, 2009
It seriously amps up the comic relief which made its clever predecessor that much more fun to watch, though the story meanders most of the movie, and fails to capture the same excitement due to its illogical twists and its total lack of substance.
Jason G.
August 16, 2014
A bad movie redeemed with a lightness and intelligence likely borne of Soderbergh and the cast.
July 27, 2014
Not bad, but '11' was better.
The Twiz
July 27, 2014
Ocean's Twelve is less direct than its predecessor and has you questioning if it's ever going to get pieced together. In the end it does, but it makes one feel as though they could have come up with a better story.

I understand that they weren't trying to have the same storyline as the first film, but this one couldn't figure out where it was going. The dialogue made it fun, but good dialogue doesn't always equal a good script. Although the first understandably lacked character depth (as do most big group caper films) this movie barely had any. This one focused more on Rusty's backstory, as the last focused more on Danny.

While the first film demonstrates exactly what a final act should be, this one shows you how to make the first two almost obsolete. But somehow it fits into the entire irony of the film. The heist happened in the second act, and the movie could have just ended after an hour. I mean, they could have just picked any moment for when they so easily snatched the egg. They weren't constricted to the limitations within their created world. Instead, they created a world that could or could not have had any relevance to how they accomplished their feat. When it's explained there is no feeling of amazement, but you just end up with a ton of questions.

There weren't as many memorable moments as the first, however, the dialogue and characters were still entertaining enough to keep me interested. Although the Julia Roberts/Bruce Willis scene was a highlight of the film.

It doesn't have the glitz and glamour of 2001's Ocean's Eleven, nor the sting-like final act, but it's entertaining all the way through. You just can't daydream for a second or you'll miss a detail. It's extremely confusing at times and I'm still not sure why some of the things happened or even WHAT happened. It calls for way more explaining than it should. It makes you feel dumb for not understanding things, whereas the first film made you feel like you were helping out with the heist yourself.

Throw in a couple of cool twists and the film really isn't all that bad as a standalone. It's just really really hard to compete with the one that came before it.

Twizard Rating: 79
January 27, 2013
The movie is not as good as the first, but that's a rarity in sequels anyway. It still has a fun premise, great performances, and sharp dialogue. If you enjoyed the first one, you should at least have some fun in this one. The story is fun and the vibe is still similar to the first one. The cast is still first rate and make the film worth watching. It's a heavily underrated film since I believe it is only slightly lesser than the first. It is a lot of fun and I personally recommend seeing it.
The Big Pupbowski
July 17, 2014
It doesn't reach the heights of it's predecessor, but Ocean's Eleven is a solid movie in it's own right. It's a fun ride with great performances, and a hilarious celebrity cameo towards the end. Very underrated if you ask me.
June 27, 2014
This movie was lazy and winked A LOT. At least 11 had a fun caper element to it. This was a confusing mess. The Julia Roberts bit was INCREDIBLY lame. I couldn't believe it when the were hinting at it.
June 14, 2014
There is something fun about these heist movies, but still was not even close to the original.
October 18, 2007
they keep getting better.
May 27, 2014
The 2001 remake of Lewis Milestone's "Ocean's Eleven" is a good adventure, with action, comedy and thriller in an updated screenplay. When this sequel was released, I was impressed with the number of stars and locations mostly in Europe, and certainly a huge budget. Unfortunately, this movie does not have the most relevant component: a decent screenplay. The beginning is confused and most of the situations and dialogs are not funny, being indeed ridiculous; when the execution of the heist is disclosed in the end, it is ludicrous; and the absurd plot itself is totally unbelievable and does not work. The direction is also very bad, with horrible and weird movements of camera. Steven Soderbergh began his career with exceptional works, but his last films are very deceptive ("Full Frontal"(2002); "Solaris"(2002)). My vote is six.
jimoss23
December 28, 2013
This film wasn't close to the first Oceans film, but still was entertaining.
Matt H.
April 20, 2014
Ocean's Twelve is the weakest in the series, but nonetheless entertaining. The action and thrills are more dull than sharp, but it gets the job done in the end.
June 30, 2007
I WANT TO SEE THIS! Brad Pitt! Matt Damon, too. Holy cow!
December 15, 2012
i think i've seen it!?!?
March 24, 2014
Menos seductora que su predecesora y con elementos que el espectador no terminara de digerir , pero igual es entretenida.
July 1, 2007
Catherine Zeta-Jones is... diabolically pretty !