41% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

The Octagon Reviews

deano
deano

March 21, 2007
It's my first-time American martial arts movie to deal with ninjas I watched. Super duel between Chuck Norris and the excellent Tadashi Yamashita, instead comes an unbelievable letdown.
Patrick D

February 28, 2008
My first Chuck Norris flick (save Sidekicks) and I gotta say, I didn't miss much.
I mean this film is basically worth watching for yucks only. There are some incredible unintentional laughs (ie Chucks inner monologue (that appears an absurd amount) posseses an echoey whisper to it that just kills me). I never realised how gentle souled Chuck seems either. Plus, in 2008, the presence of ninjas in a film is just ridiculous.
This sucker was a hoot, but I know I didn't miss much with the lack of Norris in my childhood.
P.S. The joke that Chuck has no chin, that under his beard is just another fist, is sadly debunked in this film as he only has a creepy mustache.
April 9, 2013
Okay, so what I'm realizing as I start to dig into Chuck Norris' filmography is that I just haven't seen any of this stuff before, which kind of surprises me. That said, this was pretty fucking silly, with Norris corn-ball echo-y voice-over really driving home how silly certain scenes are.

Pass, unless you have buddies to poke fun at it with, or you are more of a fan than I appear to be.
cobraeaglebigduke
December 7, 2008
this movie is about his brother who is trainning ninja to kill and chuck stops him by going to were he is
September 14, 2007
One of my favorites he shows a lot of his martial art skills and acting of course like the octagon fight really kicks butt
July 6, 2007
Chuck Norris kicks ass in this 1980 classic Martial-Arts film. He is up against a goup of ninjas that are going to make a traing camp for terrorists. Chuck Norris is awesome and the other cast members are awesome, too.
nealhassler
January 20, 2007
I haven't actually seen this movie yet, but it follows Einstein's seventh law of physics: Chuck Norris Low Budget Ninjas= Movie Greatness.
richardcardellioni
November 14, 2006
Pretty decent Chuck Norris flick. Makes you wonder. How many chucks could a Chuck Norris chuck if a Chuck Norris could chuck Norris.
December 22, 2013
A great movie and a terrible movie for the New Year's Day. The great one is of course "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" (1947).

If they could make "The Octagon" more like a B-movie and lessen the seriousness of things, it could at least be better.
July 17, 2013
Apparently all the actors graduated from the Mount Rushmore School of Acting.
FilmGrinder S.
May 28, 2013
68%

"They wern't terrorists, they were ninja."-Scott James (Chuck Norris)

Ninjas are cool, I some day wish to become a master ninja, but I dislike ninjas who can be taken down it two moves or be shot.
May 10, 2013
This movie is 80's action awesome... Chuck vs. Ninjas and mercenaries... this was when the Chuck was at his best
January 20, 2013
One of the worst action movies I have ever seen! The Script is a mess, the acting is awful and its not even funny. Avoid at all costs!
January 5, 2013
Ninja terrorist groups are the best kind of terrorist groups.
April 9, 2011
One of my favorite Chuck Norris movies... and it does have ninjas! The inner voice thing is funny as hell too. Love the molestache as well.
KevinRobbins
February 21, 2011
They weren't terrorists. They were ninja.

Scott James has experienced an array of tragic events in his history that have left him disconnected from society and a bit eccentric. Scott is an expert martial artist and protects a female from a group of terrorist ninjas that are hell bent on spreading across the globe. When Scott discovers the ninjas are lead by two individuals that helped ruin his life, he will stop at nothing to bring them down.

"I'd like to believe you."
"But?"
"I don't."

Eric Karson, director of Opposing Force, Black Eagle, and Angel Town, delivers The Octagon. The storyline for this picture is awful as the hero seems to be a schizophrenic, former military, former martial artists, and current terrorist expert. I'm not sure what direction this film was heading. The script was atrocious and so was the acting. The cast includes Chuck Norris, Lee Van Cleef, Karen Carlson, Art Hindle, and Richard Norton.

"Are you less than inspirational?"

The Octagon was a film I came across while looking for Lee Van Cleef movies. I couldn't believe he starred in a picture with Chuck Norris so I had to see it. After watching this; actually, I didn't need to see this. The inner monologue was hilarious at first but a bit tedious as the picture dragged on. The plot was painful and the acting was dreadful; however, the action scenes were better than average and worthwhile. Overall, skip this picture unless you are a huge Chuck Norris fan...and even then I still might recommend skipping this.

"Have you hugged your rifle today?"

Grade: D
Dave J
November 26, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010

(1980) The Octagon
ACTION

Chuck Norris as Scott sent to some camp to infiltrate a band of ninjas! Lee Van Cleef also stars!

The movie has potential to become a great martial arts/ action film with somewhat of a bigger budget which is a slight improvement than his other efforts professional martial artist Chuck Norris had done such as "Forced Vengeance" and "Silent Rage"! Best described as a good looking picture that has potential to become better!

2.5 out of 4
frameofmind
March 6, 2010
If you love B-movies, this is definitely one of those hilariously terrible movies with quotable dialogue and ridiculous scenes (e.g. ninjas hiding in leafless trees in broad daylight).

If you're not a fan of B-movies, then I'm sure that you'll hate this piece of crap and should only pay attention to my RT rating.
starlett2005
December 17, 2005
Final 20 minutes, where Chuck Norris invades Ninja training camp and confronts his [i]brother [/i]almost saves the film. Almost. Aside from Lee Van Clief, Chuck Norris is the best actor in the movie, which to set off warning bells in your head. Chuck does his usual stoic, quiet-spoken tough guy here. He at least isn't actively annoying as an actor, and he can move impressively when the time comes for a martial arts smack down. One thing you can say about Norris is that he improved somewhat as an actor, and by the time [i]Code of Silence [/i]appeared some years after this, he was more expressive. There are also serious pacing problems. There moments here and there when something exciting starts to happen, but these moments are smothered in endless, tedious scenes when people stand around and emote each other.