October Sky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

October Sky Reviews

April 9, 2016
One of the best "based on true events" movie I've ever seen!
½ March 17, 2016
A deeply moving film with fine performances and a true story worth watching with company or family
April 5, 2012
Great and very moving movie. A story that kept my interest and ultimately was very touching.
August 21, 2014
82% - Really ambitious film. This film has everything that it needs to be inspirational. Also, this is the perfect example that shows us that life is ours and we decide what we want to be.
February 5, 2016
This is a true inspiring story about a teenager wanting to make a rocket for the first time in his life but his father is not supportive but the teenager goes with what he thinks. Teenager has friends that are helping him make the rocket. I have this movie can teach you how to support others yelp and getting along
January 31, 2016
10 out of 10:

Sweet, well acted, and inspiring, October Sky makes a fantastic family film.
January 24, 2016
I really enjoyed the movie because I know the place is represents. It was filmed in Tennessee because there were no places for the actors and crew to stay and the area is much rougher than depicted so there would not be enough space to make the movie. I would have done anything to get away from there.
December 5, 2015
Excellent biopic with a strong cast, follows a well worn path but with enough intelligence not to be too saccharin. Whilst the main story of a young mans battle to break the chains is great, the back story of working in the coal mine and its hardness is also gripping.
½ November 13, 2015
Emotional drama of self discovery and nonconformity with great performances and a truly heartwarming moral to the story.
June 22, 2015
That one movie that's plot is decent, the acting is decent, but the movie is great.
½ August 15, 2015
A moving and inspiring film. The music gets me every time
January 11, 2015
Fascinating movie, be sure to share this to your family as soon as possible.
June 28, 2014
A wonderful, inspiring, & heartwarming film. It's nolstagic, well directed/written, & has an unforgettable and important story. What a film, and a criminally underrated coming of age film at that.
June 3, 2015
Inspirational and deeply moving.
½ May 26, 2015
Coming of age dreamers dream type movie that uplifts the spirits.
May 16, 2015
Awesome jack is lovely
May 5, 2015
great movie! takes you back to the 50's
½ April 29, 2015
A great success story, one of Gyllenhaal's greats
½ April 22, 2015
88%
Watched this on 22/4/15
October Sky is an emotional drama that is fast paced and full of realistic characters and situations. It's story feels relevant even now. As much as the science and rockets are inspiring to watch, the brawl between Gyllenhaal and his father character is equally engaging.
½ February 28, 2015
Nice uplifting, small-town flick. Cooper is great.