Oddsac - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Oddsac Reviews

September 18, 2010
An experience that I cannot find words to describe. Musically speaking this is some of Animal Collective's finest work, and the images compliment it beautifully.
November 26, 2010
W.t.f. did i just watch?
February 15, 2013
I love Animal Collective. I love a few moments when its uncomfortably weird, but all together I cannot say I am impressed by the quality of this film. Creative, but it really looks like something you might see a collage art student make.
½ August 12, 2010
While it may be more of a special interest visual album, everyone will be able to find something they appreciate within it. Beautiful, pure, and organic; ODDSAC exceeded every one of my high expectations.
February 15, 2013
August 16, 2012
More or less life-changing.
January 23, 2012
Maybe something of a 'for fans only' sticker should apply, but I was surprised at how absorbing I found this one. It actually manages to look the way Animal Collective's music feels. Alternating between terrifying (though sometimes hiliarously so) and joyful, it's never close to boring.
½ August 12, 2010
½ October 23, 2011
As a freaky acid trip film, it's not terrible but it's not really as overwhelming as I expected.
July 13, 2011
you gotta get fucked to get this movie, if your sober dont even bother, unless your some synthesia/schizophrenic/some crazy mental illness having person, get what i mean?!
½ December 31, 2010
sounds great...Opening with torch-wielding villagers and a Ball bleeding oil,#. ODDSAC [ralf fines]attaches vivid scenery and strange characters to HIS wonderful melodic SACK.wavelengths of the BALL band RUB OUT AN Animal Collective, THUS revitalizing the lost fOAm of the "visual SACK OF ODDNESS."

BREATH TAKING.... [AS I DIED WHILE WATCHING IT]
2.3/15567 THUMBS UP SACK
December 29, 2010
Come to think of it, I have a bit of an ..
December 1, 2010
It's a visual album dammit
November 26, 2010
W.t.f. did i just watch?
½ October 21, 2010
Oddsac is an experimental film. Know that before going in.
There really is no narrative here. The film is a fantastic experiment in the combination of music/sounds and visual imagery. Sure, it is difficult to sit there for an hour watching imagery, but if you can make it through this one, you will feel some interesting things. First of all, I found it interesting how the sights/sounds actually made me feel things physically. During tense moments, I would feel myself getting more tense. During calm moments, I would feel more at ease.
My favorite moment of the film was a sequence of pure static. At first it was annoying, but after a couple of minutes, I was legitimately hypnotized. I have never been hypnotized, but I now know what it feels like. It was out of body.
Also, this is an example of the best Animal Collective music out there. Period.
October 8, 2010
If you're looking for something to watch for about 52 minutes to enhance the affects of the illicit drugs you just took, then look no further than Animal Collective's ODDSAC.
September 18, 2010
½ August 30, 2010
So visually pleasing and such a great trigger for the imagination.
August 14, 2010
kolaborasi visual dari sutradara Danny Perez dan band dengan album terbaik tahun 2009, Animal Collective. Welcome to Twilight Zone! AnCol aja dari dulu dah ngga pernah bisa nyampe ilmunya, ngga ngerti dimana enaknya nih band. mo semua bilang nih band albumnya jenius juga tetep aja kagak mudeng! kirain dengan liat visualisasi-nya semua akan berubah, tetep aja gue bego n malah makin bego. visualisasinya terlalu psychedelic menurut mata gue. benerĀ² no hope!! maap buat fans-nya AnCol!!!
August 8, 2010
Visually stunning, totally engrossing. You must experience this masterpiece.