100% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

Ode to Billy Joe Reviews

jjnxn
jjnxn

January 13, 2011
Great song but a dull indifferently acted movie.
flixsterman
flixsterman

June 27, 2009
Not the 'manliest' of movies, in fact you could plausibly retitle it Brokeback Bridge, but I never get tired of watching it. I had quite the crush on Glynnis O'Connor back in my youth. She was sorta' the Juliette Lewis of the seventies, all soft and girl-next-doorishly sexy. Still hard to believe that Robby Benson passed her up for a roll in the hay with James Best. Dude, what were you thinking!?
moviegirl50
October 29, 2011
Such a sad kind of gut wrenching mysterious story, yet there is something so riveting about it...Robbie Benson and Glynnis O'Connor for starters as well as the hit song by Bobbie Gentry which I guess is the premise for this movie? Even though I hate what happens in it, to a confused, frustrated, misled boy...I've always liked this movie.
June 3, 2011
remember this from 1976...I saw it then ....not bad....
April 2, 2011
I watched this one around 3 am this morning (4/2/2011) & I gave it 3 stars. I never read the synopsis or the info on a movie before i watch it, because more often than not, they give a way the plot as they did in this one.

This movie was a big stab at what could've been a possible classic. In my personal opinion, what killed it was the long drawn out storyline. I kept feeling like there was not a quick enough resolution to the building up of a climax. Then when the movie finally DID climax, the song in the film that i'd never heard...had already given the climax away!! I was very upset with the outcome, but i'm a huge fan of both Robby Benson & Glynnis O'Connor so i gave it 3 stars for great acting & wonderful cinematography.
January 29, 2011
I watched this movie with my big brother when we were on Holidays I think I was 16 I remember my brother getting mad because I was crying it was such a good show I loved it Id love to watch it again
ANG3L
March 10, 2010
For a young man to Be At His Sexual Peak ... And Have his Virginity Spoiled By A Dirty Old Man ???
This Pulls At The HArt Strings ...
And It HAs Happend to soo many young men That Will And Have Not And Never Will Breath A Word Of It In THeir Life .. So Many Take That haunting Tragic Seacret To Thier Graves ..
O By THe Way This Is A Good Movie ;p