Office - Season Two

• In Theaters:
  • On DVD:    Sep 12, 2006

Office - Season Two Reviews

Zach N. Zach N. June 21, 2010
"The Office" Season Two is without a doubt the most fantastic season of any show in Television history to me and for me only. I expect no one to agree with this, but if you let me give my explanation, this show means the absolute world to me.

The first episode of the show I ever watched was "Basketball". It didn't exactly do it for me, but at the time iTunes had only five shows on there, and the office was one of them. I bought a random episode for the heck of it, watched it, and felt it was just okay. The next night, my dad and I caught "Christmas Party" on T.V. for its first airing. Oh my gosh, I had never laughed so hard in my life. This episode got me hooked on the show forever. For an avid office fan, this marked the middle of the second season, the show's ultimate prime, in which it won Best Comedy Series at the Emmys.

From there, I bought Season One on DVD and purchased every episode of season 2 I had missed up to that point on iTunes. I watched it and became instantly hooked. The comedy and humor was top knotch. At the time, I was in 8th grade and I felt that I perfectly understood the character of Jim Halpert. I liked a girl and of course she was already taken, much like Jim's situation with Pam and Roy. Of course, junior high is so primitive and unimportant. But at the time, I felt that The Office was sort of telling my story. I started to act like Jim as much as I could. His facial features and mannerisms. I don't know why but he meant so much to me. The entire show felt like it was for me and no one would understand it as much as I did.

Since then, I have seen every single episode of the office two to twenty or so times. Every single episode no matter what anyone says is absolutely entertaining. I have literally grown up with these characters so I almost treat them like actual and real people. Season 3 on up have all been fantastic. Every character is important to what makes the office the greatest sitcom ever. Plus, the show rarely uses physical comedy. On Disney channel and such, physical comedy is all they ever show. But in the office, it never happens. So, when it actually does happen, it's flat out hilarious because it's so much appreciated.

The Office is a comedic phenomenon that I can wait for to end. Once it ends, I'll always go back to watch it. But every new episode feels like a gift that cannot be explained. I would talk about it every single Friday with various friends of mine who loved and adored it just as much as I do. All I know, is that finale episode will hit me so hard and be incredibly difficult to accept. It's been with me all through High School and now that I enter my final summer before college, I feel so thankful that it still exists. It's a comfort for me. Seeing my favorite characters continue on puts a smile on my face. Jim, Kevin, Dwight, Michael, Ryan, Oscar, Stanley, Kelly, Creed, etc. Everyone is apart of me. Season Two however introduced me to it all, and I still find it the greatest season of the entire show because the comedy is so top notch.

So, I will give a final thoughs once that last season comes around. Until then, I will continue to enjoy what it gives me. "That's what she said..."
Faroeislander Faroeislander May 13, 2010
I am getting really hooked on this. Can't wait to see season three.
jazza923 jazza923 April 17, 2010
It's not very often I get addicted to a television show, but at the recommendation from someone on this site, I thought I would give it a try. I really enjoy this series, and season two went in the right direction after a shaky season one. The best episodes to me were "Office Olympics", "Halloween", "The Client", "Performance Review", "Christmas party", "The Injury", and the best was "casino Night". John Krasinski and Jenna Fisher make the show in my opinion, although everyone contributes to the success of the show.
kireiwa kireiwa April 1, 2010
Hands down a huge step in the right direction, in comparison to the first season. This season is a must have comedy caper, where it really steps into its own.
Joe O Brien Joe O Brien ½ October 1, 2009
A huge step uo from season 1, The Office season 2 is one of the strongest comedy seasons ever.
Right from the start, you will see a huge increase in the quality of this show.
The very first episode is so outragous and hillarious, it beats all of season 1 single-handedly.
And although, all the episodes are not as hillarious, the vast majority of them are.
This season brings back all the characters, but adds a whole new depth to them. The Jim/Pam thing gets really interesting, and has a great cliffhanger ending in the final episode.
The humour in this season is top notch. Steve Carrell out does himself, and there's great performances from the cast all round.
I decided that this is one of my favourite comedies after watching this season. I strongly recommend it.
stone1981 stone1981 June 6, 2008
[list][*]The office is the only tv show on that i actually look forward to seeing and season 2 was amazing coming off the 6 episode season one which had its very funny moments but was too short[/list]
sprek sprek January 5, 2008
Angel started off rated as a strong 7 in season one, but got a little worse each season for seasons two and three. The writing got less creative, and more cheesy, the villains were lame, the characters were hollow and lacked depth, there were very few appearances or mention of characters from Buffy's world (due to Buffy moving to a different channel, the writers were told not to mention things from Buffy)... But, by the time season 4 rolls around, things get a little more interesting. Angelus appears, Wesley's character gets a lot more interesting, the plots get a lot more creative and suspenseful, a demon crawls out of the center of the earth, a character from Firefly shows up, and things get pretty crazy. Overall, the show is ok and entertaining, but its no Buffy.

The Office, on the other hand, is the best sitcom ever aired. Rarely am I entertained by comedies, but this show has great laughs, great characters, sad parts, romance, and very creative, witty writing. Its even better than Arrested Development.
GatoradeFrost88 GatoradeFrost88 January 8, 2007
The Best Comedy on TV
Season 2 was Great
And so far Season 3 has been just as good..
Reelishymn Reelishymn ½ December 24, 2006
Great season, loaded with extras. Put together very well for the fans.
RatGirl RatGirl August 30, 2006
So, a weird thing happened to me last year: I fell madly in love with the American version of [i]The Office[/i]. The first season wasn't at all good, especially compared to the original British [i]The Office[/i], but season 2 is about the funniest thing on TV. It's freaking hilarious, in fact, and it finally truly became distinct enough for me to stop comparing it with the original and to just sit back and enjoy it. The thing I absolutely love best is that the secondary characters (the ones besides Michael, Dwight, Jim and Pam) are there for more than just filling up some desks. They have names and personalities and they're memorable. It's got the cringey moments and plenty of foot-in-mouthness, but it also has a bit more warmth than the original series. The DVD comes out in a couple weeks, and I can't wait to just blow a Saturday afternoon watching the whole season in one sitting, laughing my enormous ass off the whole time.

I also can't wait to finally see [i]The Illusionist[/i], which shows up in one of my local theatres this weekend. Has anyone seen this yet? All of the reviews I've read are making me super eager. I hope it's as gorgeous as they all have said.