Office Space Reviews

March 20, 2007
Ron Livingston became my hero in this movie. One of the most funny movies out there. No one sees this and doesnt die of laughter. The corporate world just right. Got that TPS report for me right now?
½ April 3, 2007
Stick to Dilbert. OK the "Flair" stuff was funny.
½ October 12, 2011
Utterly brilliant satirical comedy based around your typical everyday office job or more specifically IT office job. After seeing this again after a very long time the first thing that sprung to mind was I wonder if Ricky Gervais got the idea for his satirical series from this?.

You can certainly see similarities, the main one being the office boss 'Lumbergh' who although played excellently by Cole with high levels of smarm and slime is in a way close to 'Michael Scott' or 'David Brent' albeit a slightly more clever version. This film also reminds me of 'Since You've Been Gone' which was another excellent comedy with mainly unknowns from the 'Lookingglass' theatrical company based in Chicago, both of these films seem to be in the same kind of satirical style.

The film is chock full of so many fantastic performances you can see why this became a cult hit. Root as 'Milton' is absolutely hilarious as the mumbling goggle eyed office worker who actually comes across as a chubby live action version of 'Beaker' from the Muppets. Livingstone is the disgruntled worker who kinda cracks and just does what we all would love to do if we had the balls, Herman is great as he tries not to lose it whenever people comment on his name and John C. McGinley has one of his best roles here as a slimy corporate axeman consultant weeding out the deadwood from the company. Everyone in this film does well including the small roles like 'Drew' the office worker who only pops up to make some crude visual jokes but its still so good.

The scene where McGinley and his partner chat with Herman over his name being Michael Bolton and whether he is related to the famous Bolton or if he likes his songs is simply genius writing and acting, pure hilarity.

If your an office worker you will be able to relate to this, on the other hand one reason why this is so good is because many can relate to this whether you work in an office or not. All the characters within the film have been brilliantly realised and crafted after the type of folk you probably really do come across in reality or this field of work. I'm sure everyone can see someone they know or have known during their working life in this film.
May 20, 2013
January 4, 2009
I can see so much of my own day-to-day hell in this film. Corporate servitude at its hysterical best.
November 8, 2012
For a comedy in the realms of the start of the new millennium, Mike Judge does well in maintaining the satirical nonsense and laughter within the realms of the corporate-cubicle genre. Office Space is sly and humorous. 4/5
January 2, 2008
Classic. So true about the crap that goes on in an office too. I always get a good laugh out of this one.
Michael Bolton. Haha.
April 23, 2012
The 90s was a weird transitional period in film, and 1999 was one of the most packed years in film history. Basically, you're film didn't make money if it wasn't called "Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace" or "The Matrix" or any other huge blockbuster that came out that year. As a result, a few cult films have been born out of this year. "Office Space" stands as one of the best cult films of the 90s as a whole, and maybe one of the best cult comedies ever made. It's easily quotable and extremely relatable to anyone whose ever worked anything remotely like a job. Heck, even if you know a little bit about office work, you're going to get a kick out of this. The movie does a good job immersing you in the hellish nature of working in cubicles during the film's first 10 minutes, setting up the rest of the absolutely hilarious film to come. In spite of the path that the characters go down, it's not hard to sympathize with them. Filled to the brim with quotable dialogue and more than one scene that'll have you on the floor laughing (three words: printer, baseball bat), definitely worth watching.
October 1, 2010
"Office Space" may not the be the funniest movie ever, but it's heart and true-to-life moments are fantastic. As we follow Peter, a man who really just doesn't care about life and hates his job, he goes to see a man who claims to be able to put him at peace. Once this is accomplished, Peter skips work and everything starts to turn around in his life, getting promotions and a girlfriend. Milton (Stephen Root) is easily the funniest part of the movie, being a stuttering moron who can't understand that he was laid off five years ago. The chemistry between all of the characters is great and it felt like they really had a fun time filming this movie. I laughed, I related, and it really made me think about life at some points. I really enjoyed "Office Space," and I would recommend it to any comedy fanatics out there, or just anybody who is looking for a good movie. "Office Space" is great.
½ March 20, 2012
Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

"Work sucks"

Office Space is a good little workplace comedy. I didn't fall completely in love with it like I thought I would, but it was an enjoyable and pretty funny movie. Mike Judge does a good job in the initial 10 minutes of making Peter's job feel like hell. It made me never want to work in a office. The tediousness of Peter's job is ridiculous and he is completely sick of it.

I really liked the characters. The boss was extremely well done. He talks in a way that, if said in a different tone of voice, could sound encouraging, but he just sounds like an asshole. He isn't a boss who goes crazy and yells at his employees, but he is even worse because of his subtlety. Peter just doesn't care about his job anymore and begins showing it by not showing up often, and when he does, he does very little work.

Overall Office Space is the enjoyable, light comedy that was promised, but it isn't the masterpiece of comedy that some have hailed it as. Maybe if I had any work experience in an office this film would have seemed funnier to me. But as it is now, it is just a slightly better than average comedy.
February 13, 2012
"Office Space" was hilarious. If you've never worked, you're not gonna enjoy "Office Space" because its completely reliant on the familiarity of work behavior. This is a witty, funny movie.
June 8, 2009
Cast: Ron Livingston, Jennifer Aniston, David Herman, Ajay Naidu, Diedrich Bader, Stephen Root, Gary Cole, Richard Riehle, Alexandra Wentworth, Joe Bays, John C. McGinley, Paul Willson, Kinna McInroe

Director: Mike Judge

Summary: In a film that takes plenty of jabs at the nihilism of corporate life, Ron Livingston plays office drone Peter Gibbons, who conspires with his cubicle cohorts to embezzle money from their soulless employers. With help and hindrance from those around him -- including eminently quotable workplace nerd Milton Waddams (Stephen Root) -- and the affection of waitress Joanna (Jennifer Aniston), Gibbons might just find his sanity ... and his revenge.

My Thoughts: "Working in a closed space like that would drive anyone mad eventually. The character's are annoying except for a few. Stephen Root is the funniest one in the film. His character is the quiet kind of crazy, which is also the worse kind. Although the director brings the work place in the film as close to real life as it gets, I couldn't imagine things turning out that way in the end. Not a great film but enjoyable none the less."
½ April 24, 2011
A great movie, very funny and relate-able. A man who defies the routine of life and gets in a bit of trouble for it. An all around enjoyable film.
March 15, 2008
"The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

Comedic tale of company workers who hate their jobs and decide to rebel against their greedy boss.

Corporate techie Peter Gibbons (Ron Livingston) is just having one of those days ("The Mondays," one character describes). He works for a condescending boss (Gary Cole), and the company is in its early stages of downsizing the workforce (with the two "Bobs" John C. McGinley and Paul Willson coming in as consultants). But Peter's life changes after he undergoes hypnotherapy, and he adopts a lackadaisical approach to his boring job. And soon, with two others (David Herman, whose character has the misfortune of sharing the name Michael Bolton, and Ajay Naidu as Samir), he hatches a scheme to swindle funds from the company into three private accounts over the next two years. At the end of the 20th century, it's easy to see why "Office Space" would become a cult classic: work sucks; it's that easy. As a satire of the American workplace, circa 1999, the boredom and tediousness is captured and played to ridiculous heights. Directed by Mike Judge, who adapted it to the screen from his own animated short "Milton," "Office Space" is sure-fire comedy. The acting is OK, nothing really special, and Jennifer Aniston slides in as Peter's lovely girlfriend. Also look out for Diedrich Bader as Peter's beer-guzzling neighbor Lawrence (who Peter frequently talks to through the wall) and Stephen Root as the hapless, mumbling Milton.
August 17, 2011
Office Space is a hilarious comedy that is hard to forget, and is definently worthy of the term "cult clasic." The story is slow at first, but t all lead to a fun and interesting story that many people can really relate to. The cast is great, these cast memebers are really memorable and i wish i worked with these guys, they are truly one of a kind characters. On a scale from 1 to 10, i'd give it a 7, maybe other people find it the perfect comedy, but I just found it really funny, but there was only a great joke every 5 minutes or sometime about 10 minutes, I just was expecting a laugh a minute comedy. Office Space was great, it had the right story, right characters, and was hilarious, and even though it wasn't the perfect comedy, its definently worth watching and I really liked it.
August 9, 2011
This classic comedy about the tortures of work will make you laugh; a lot.
½ March 13, 2011
Funny and interesting analysis of our lifestyle. It's good but I feel like it slightly falls short of the jump to greatness.
January 3, 2007
A very funny film about the daily grind working a boring office job. If you have ever worked in an office job, there will be plenty for you to find funny in this. It had a lot of recognisable faces in the cast and a surprise to see Jennifer Aniston in a small role. Glad I finally got round to watching it. Only the TV series of The Office has similar humour to this.
½ May 25, 2011
Mike Judge is an incredibly talented director. His directorial efforts tend to borderline on the eccentric and the comical or both, which is terrific. Office Space for me is his best film. This film is a classic. The funny thing is, when I first saw it, I hated it. But the film grew on me and grew on me, and I learned to love it and I appreciated it's originality. The cast of talkented actors deliver on screen. The characters and the story is really something unique and quite fun once you understand the idea of the film. When I saw the first I was 13, and I didn't understand why a comedy about office work was funny. But viewing it at a much more mature age, I fully understand it. Office Space is a very enjoyable comedy with many memorable characters, Bill Lumburgh, Bob Slydell, Milton and Michael Bolton. Oddly enough, its main character, Peter Gibbons is not what I'd call I'd call the films biggest strength. I'd say characters such as Michael Bolton, Lumburgh and Milton make this film what it is. Mike Judge's script is very original, and filled with memorable dialogue. Mike Judge has the gift of creating something very funny out of something that normally wouldn't be funny. Office Space is proof of that. Who knew a comedy of the office could be this funny? Office Space is one of those comedies that remains funny after multiple viewings. Mike Judge has crafted a fine eccentric little comedy with wacky, memorable characters, and this film is just a fine addition to the comedy genre.
½ May 12, 2011
Who would have thought that actor-producer-creator and director Mike Judge (of "Beavis and Butthead",and for the long-running animated television series "King of the Hill")crank out a movie based on the satire of the workplace that became one of the biggest hits of the 1990's? It didn't do well when it came out in the theatres in 1999,but through the use of the internet and cable,it has become a cult classic. Believe me,how many times had you seen this movie and from there can quote classic lines like "I'm going to set the building on fire",or "Excuse me,I believe you have my stapler",or "I might be showing her my 'oh' face",or the beloved classic line
"Somebody's got a case of the Mondays," And the hilarious scenes where they tear up the fax machine and other goodies. And the cast of characters that made this movie great...from Gary Cole as the sleazeball and major asshole of a manager from the depths of pure hell,to Deidrich Bader, Ajay Naidu, Jennifer Aniston,Ron Livingston,David Herman, Alexandra Wentworth,and Orlando Jones. This was a movie that was for anyone whoever work in an office complex and deal with characters that were incompetent(management)on a daily basis. A Must See!!!