Wow, this looks like shit

Plot: unoriginal
Characters: dull
Special effects: a joke

Yeah this will be an amazing film
Lee Augustus
02-8-2013 05:31 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Bryan Abdul Torres

Bryan Abdul Torres

Yes is a shit

Apr 20 - 09:08 PM

Nick George

Nick George

Can't all of you just sit back and enjoy something for once! Jesus everyone is so critical these days. I dare you to try and make something half as good as this.

Apr 9 - 01:08 AM

Jim H.

Jim H

I could set up a camera at the checkout of Wal-Mart and come up with a film twice as good as this.

Apr 26 - 05:52 PM

Jay Mckim

Jay Mckim

I'm waiting for Psy Gangnam Style North Korean version in this film and
K-POP North Korean cover dance.

Mar 19 - 01:48 PM

Jay Mckim

Jay Mckim

Absolute hogwash film. They should made terrorists from alien race attacking White House and kidnapping US president that would be far better believable plot than North Korean terrorists.

Mar 19 - 10:49 AM

dragon claw

dragon claw

I'm just mad it's not white people taking over the whitehouse.
Because only white people are smart enough to be terrorists, yo.
North Koreans? Almost as absurd as middle-eastern hijackers.

Mar 20 - 11:31 AM

webhead

ken francis

SILLY OTT ACTION FLICK.....I'LL WATCH IT!

Mar 19 - 10:40 AM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

I have absolutely no prediction about this movie.

Mar 16 - 06:12 PM

Josh Sullivan

Josh Sullivan

I'll cast judgement once I've seen the movie. I never delegate my opinions to others, especially not to this recent generation of apathetic morons. All I'll say is, at least it isn't a remake or sequel.

Mar 15 - 08:21 AM

Diane Williams

Diane Williams

The FX in the trailers is not as good as the FX in the film. They redid all the graphics, etc.

Mar 14 - 01:43 PM

Mike Schmitt

Mike Schmitt

The screener I saw must have had the earlier version of the FX. They weren't like cardboard cut-outs or anything, but it was like 1997-cgi stuff (like "rough cut" material). I'm genuinely interested in what the final cut will look like.

Mar 15 - 08:54 AM

Ignacio Oliva

Ignacio Oliva

Saw the advanced screening tonight. I only went because it was free and I didn't have anything else to do. I went in with low LOW expectations and I was genuinely surprised that it was way better than I thought. Plenty of action, high body count and the cast was pretty good. It won't win any Oscars, but it wasn't as bad as Battlefield Earth either.

Mar 12 - 09:13 PM

Will Colley

Will Colley

Saw a free screener last night... WE GOT RIPPED-OFF.

Mar 13 - 10:17 PM

Mike Schmitt

Mike Schmitt

Saw the screening last night. They did a good job establishing a character history between the two leads in a somewhat-unexpected way early in the film which I won't spoil. Freeman was great as always. The attack plan seemed ultimately plausible (if stretched a bit thin), though some of the things the attackers were able to do seemed a little over-the-top. The FX seemed 'incomplete', but I'm wondering whether this may have been a pre-release print; I'd be interested to see if they seem any different to me in the actual released version.
Among other things, here are some pros and cons i can name--
Pros:
- The plot moved along at a decent clip, from one thing to the next, the writers avoided the trap of having the good guys try and fail at the same exact goal over and over until magically saving the day at the end.
- It was actually nice to see somewhat realistic violence - by that I mean, a lot of 'disaster flicks' sanitize the everloving crap out of everything, and nobody curses. Not here. It's not exactly gory but not for kids, either.

Cons:
-They step in quite a few cliches; fans of action movies won't have much trouble predicting what'll happen.
-The tone seems a little uneven at points
-Whenever we see a TV news station, the on-screen graphics seem generic like something you'd see in a lower-budget picture. Maybe this is a pre-release FX issue too?

Mar 12 - 06:55 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

So...it was average

Mar 12 - 06:18 PM

Mike Schmitt

Mike Schmitt

Yeah. Worth seeing - since I got free passes. Probably worth a DVD rental for people who like the genre. Not sure what it'll get on the tomatometer - my range is 40-65% (give me a wide berth here as I've never really gone into one blind).

Mar 12 - 06:53 PM

Anthony Felix

Anthony Felix

You think you can make a better movie? At least the movie is trying to please the audience. I mean come on. The director in this movie is the director from Training Day. I don't care what people say. I'm going to see this!

Mar 10 - 06:09 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Here's a little revelation, If I don't have the right to criticize a movie because I never made one, what right do you have to say it's good? you idiot. Besides Antione Fuqua made plenty of shit films so don't have faith because he made 2 decent film

Mar 11 - 08:55 AM

Anthony Felix

Anthony Felix

Yeah, there were films by Antione that were bad. I still think this should be checked out :)

Mar 12 - 09:33 AM

bob  j.

bob jones

i won't be convinced that this movie isn't garbage unless it gets over 80% on the Tomatometer... which probably won't happen

Mar 7 - 02:55 PM

Amanda Reeves

Amanda Reeves

aww c'mon! show a little love for Morgan Freeman! To me, it looks like a great popcorn movie...and only matinee price worthy....It's gonna be fun. And stuff explodes! insta win! explosions and morgan freeman are two great reasons to see this.

Mar 5 - 12:46 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

mannnn, i wouldnt make pop corn for this shit!

Mar 5 - 03:35 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

I'd rather make stool than make popcorn for this piece of shit movie.

(no pun intended)

Mar 6 - 11:59 AM

Josh Sullivan

Josh Sullivan

You didn't make a pun.

Mar 15 - 08:23 AM

Chase The Lost

Read it again.

Mar 15 - 09:59 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

AThe Last Stand is a great popcorn movie, this looks like trash

Mar 11 - 04:20 PM

Jim H.

Jim H

I love Morgan Freeman. When I saw him in this role, my reaction was "Finally, someone who will stand up to the terrorists!" Sadly, the writing turned him into yet another wimpy character. If I had been Mr. Freeman, I would have turned down the role unless it was rewritten this way.

Apr 26 - 05:56 PM

Chase The Lost

What a shame to waste the talent from these fine actors on this garbage.

Mar 1 - 05:25 PM

Will Colley

Will Colley

Eckhart was right in "Thx 4 smoking"
The things people do to pay a morgage....

Mar 13 - 10:18 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

the guy who made training day is mking this shit !! nooo

Mar 1 - 04:22 PM

Danielle Glaser Finn

Danielle Glaser Finn

Looks like crap, but sometimes we are pleasantly surprised...who knows. The tomatoemeter is usually on point.

Feb 28 - 05:02 AM

Clara Ohare

Clara Ohare

I give it a 4 garbage can rating. They are just trying to one up 9/11 but without a real story.

Feb 27 - 04:59 PM

Red W.

Red Wood

You're seriously comparing a fictional film with a real-life event, a popcorn movie to 9/11???

You're a fucking idiot...

Mar 6 - 07:27 AM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

Thank you.

Feb 16 - 02:18 PM

mateo m.

mateo matteo

agree. this is the kind of movie that makes me embarrassed for america.

Feb 11 - 12:31 PM

Stephen Gambone

Stephen Gambone

Me too

Mar 12 - 05:43 AM

Nick Stromberg

Nick Stromberg

eh, even though the formula isn't groundbreaking or anything, it's a new action movie with a good cast..and I'm a sucker for Morgan Freeman

Feb 9 - 01:14 PM

Josh Sullivan

Josh Sullivan

Agreed.

Mar 15 - 08:23 AM

Ricky Rodriguez

Ricky Rodriguez

me too!

Mar 19 - 03:15 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile