The Omega Code Reviews

½ June 21, 2009
Preposterous and low budget rubbish. The plot is dreadful and never once is it in the least bit convincing. The acting is not awful, but it certainly isn?t good. Michael York comes off best. It?s all so phony. The special effects are poor and the direction is awful.
terris85017
April 12, 2009
I recommend this one. A possible version of events which might precede Armaggedon. Amazing cast....Robert Ito & Michael York
March 18, 2008
It's a different view on the endtimes and how scripture is fullfilled. I don't like the idea of the Bible Code used in the movie, but the acting is good.
April 8, 2007
Could have been a lot better. Sadly, the "Bible Code" was chronicled in the movie, when that had already been disproven.
December 28, 2006
One of the best movies next to Lord of the rings. Really good, keeps you at the edge of your seat. And I like the fact that's its based off of the book of Revelation.
½ April 5, 2015
The Omega Code is a movie for everyone who enjoys a good thriller. at it's core this move is an action adventure spy-film-esk movie about an average guy who tries to avert a rich and powerful businessman from playing out the prophesies like a movie script that would ultimately bring about the rapture and thus the apocalypse. you don;t have to be a Christian to like this movie, fun and entertaining i give this movie a 3.5 out of 5 = 70% = C-
½ March 18, 2014
Tuesday, March 18, 2014

(1999) The Omega Code
THRILLER

This movie is like a low budget rendition of "The DaVinci Code" released in 2006 and "Raiders Of The Lost Ark". Stars Casper Van Dien as Gillen Lane, a self help motivational guru, and works as an encryptor on the side, partially tricked into encoding the Holy Bible, by tycoon magnate Stone Alexander (Michael York). That once the Bible is encrypted, then that one person is supposed to consist to become something unexplainable. Stone also has a sidekick named Dominec (Michael Ironside) who's intentions is to execute anyone is on the way, as well as to retrieve all the Bible's already encoded passages. Also starring is Van Dien's real life wife Catherine Oxenberg playing as a reporter. The movie felt very rushed, and the budget shows as viewers are subjected to cheesy special effects. It sometimes looks like a Roger Cormon movie by todays standards.

1 out of 4 stars
July 27, 2012
this movie wasnt that good at all!!!!
½ March 22, 2012
I nearly walked out on this film. I should've gone with that impulse. Terrible.
June 5, 2010
Terrible low-budget christian film that was actually rather popular back when it came out.
½ May 24, 2010
38/100. Preposterous and low budget rubbish. The plot is dreadful and never once is it in the least bit convincing. The acting is not awful, but it certainly isn't good. Michael York comes off best. It's all so phony. The special effects are poor and the direction is awful.
November 9, 2009
8/10- I loved this christian, Historical adventure movie. It has alot of suspense, action, meaning, information, and overall its an exhilarating ride that will have you falling in love. The part where hes in the cell and the demons surround him and he praves for forgiveness and the demons vanish is so heartwarming and awe-inspiring, it made me smile so big. For any Christian this movie will easily please you, and for the rest i still think you should see it, it's a good movie.
½ October 20, 2006
Here's another film rating.
½ February 17, 2006
Caspier Van Dien of [i]Stormship Troopers [/i]and Michael York star in [i]The Omega Code, [/i]another low-budget Christian movie that had good potential but for some reason didn't work. Think it's the directors. Christian films get bad directors with the exception of the [i]Left Behind [/i]series. Direction style is quite bad. Actor aren't great but seeing Michael York in this film is quite an achievement. Still [i]The Omega Code [/i]doesn't have enough in it to break through the "Christian movie" sterotype. Perhaps film producers/creators will figure out that you have to have talented people to make a film.
½ April 28, 2004
A family friend has the film but i havent watched the film yet, im intrested in watching the film.
½ March 21, 2004
Wow, I'm glad I found this site. (Thanks Lauren.) It's nice to see something as good as the imdb. So, anyway, this journal will consist of reviews for bad movies. I like to think of myself as a charitable person, so I make these reviews as warnings to the unsuspected viewer.

[b]The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant[/b] - This movie is just crap. It was like whoever made it farted it out during a bad trip and took Bruce Dern with 'em. It was about a scientist, played by Dern, who worked in a laboratory that was conveniently part of his house out in the country. One thing leads to another and Dr. Dern sticks a head of a horny, little, criminal who looks just like Cheech Marin onto the body of an over-sized retard and then this crime against nature goes on a rampage for panties. I gave it a generous 2 out of 10, because I had a few laughs.

[b]She Creature[/b] - This is about mermaids. No, not your happy, singing mermaids. This is about evil mermaids that feed of the flesh of seaman. Ha, I just had to say seamen. Anyway, this is crap, and not only that, but it leaves you to belie that they'll make a sequel. Gag.

[b]Nostradamus[/b] - This was so painfully crappy, I didn't even watch all of it. Somewhere towards the middle, I found that sleep would be more enjoyable than finishing the movie. It's about some cop who works in homicide and has to investigate some supernatural murders. There's a time machine, Armageddon, demons, yadda, yadda, yadda... Not worth anyone's time.

[b]The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen[/b] - This wasn't too bad, but it sure as hell wasn't good. It's not worth going out of your way to see, but if a friend rents it and invites you to watch it, than why not? You can both make fun of it together.

[b]The Omega Code[/b] - It's so beyond lame that I can't even tell you the plot. I don't what it is... It might make you laugh, though, because it's just so fucking stupid.