On Any Sunday

No Score Yet

On Any Sunday Reviews

rickrudge rickrudge ½ August 26, 2014
On Any Sunday (1971)

This documentary was created by Bruce Brown who did the movie, Endless Summer (1966), one of the best movies ever about surfing. On Any Sunday is a movie that never gets on TV, cable, and is difficult to find on DVD, so if you get the chance to see this one, take it. You won't regret it.

This movie is about motorcycles and specifically about motorcycle racing. It features many of the different kinds of motorcycle sports from dirt racing, flat track, to road racing (Super bike racing), to desert racing.

It features many interesting characters in the motorcycle racing scene of that time, such as Mert Lawwill, David Evans, and Malcolm Smith, as well as movie star, Steve McQueen. But the biggest star of this movie is the photography. Bruce Brown shows lots of slow motion and close-ups of all the action and the pounding that rider and machine have to go through to test themselves, many times just for bragging rights and a little trophy.

On the DVD, Bruce has a section dedicated to Steve McQueen, who he got to help finance the making of the documentary. I highly recommend you seeing this.
Lanfranco C ½ March 6, 2013
The best motorbike documentary then ever!
Harvey Mushman Harvey Mushman October 29, 2012
Insanely entertaining with often humorous narration (a must see for motocross lovers like me)
Not Liberty Valance Not Liberty Valance October 29, 2012
Bruce Brown creates a documentary that's innovative, filled with tension, suspense, and a love for the art of motocross. The best movie of it's kind.
Paul W June 24, 2012
Great older movie about competitive motorcycle riding, circa 1970: road racing, dirt mile, motocross, cross-country, desert racing, trials riding, the works. Great old bikes, famous riders of the day (including Steve McQueen), fantastic filmography, infectiously exciting from beginning to end. I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. A real classic, and if youâ(TM)re a motorcycle enthusiast, a must see.
Dale W January 3, 2012
Best motorcycle movie ever made, period.
Mikael H November 17, 2011
best motorcycle movie ever
Kraig M. Kraig M. January 24, 2011
Outstanding and influential, I probably would not have had three decades of passionate Motorcycling without it. I even named my 2009 Harley-Davidson XR1200, Mert.
Levi M. Levi M. September 30, 2010
The most quintessential motorcycle movie of all time, a must see for any motorcycle enthusiast
Blæke W November 9, 2009
Pretty ccol doco combining all the dirty horrah in motocycle racing from the americas. Stars more than a few top racing names of the era and creates a stage for the catagory of racing there in there excellence in. Using these mini bio`s as foundations to describe this... fun turned mad man competition for the wrong person it both shuns and hurts the viewer with laughter as these Guys get to the top and face first bottom of there league.
M.BISSELL M.BISSELL ½ August 30, 2009
I don't ride bikes but after this movie I want one... the endless summer of motocross
greed1958 greed1958 ½ June 16, 2009
One of the best.

One of the best
Susan T October 15, 2008
A must see for any dirtbike fan... well, for anyone in my opinion.