On Deadly Ground (1994)
Average Rating: 2.2/10
Reviews Counted: 24
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 24
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 2.1/10
Critic Reviews: 7
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 7
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 2.5/5
User Ratings: 32,662
Jennings (Michael Caine), a corrupt company owner will stop at nothing to open a new refinery in Alaska. Forrest Taft (Steven Seagal), a disgruntled former employee is chosen by an Eskimo chief as savior of his people. Forrest's mission is to prevent the new refinery from beginning work before the land rights are returned to the Eskimos. ~ Linda Rasmussen, Rovi
Feb 18, 1994 Wide
May 18, 1999
Warner Home Video
Watch It Now
John C. McGinley
R. Lee Ermey
Billy Bob Thornton
Chief Irvin Brink
Sven Ole Thorsen
Peter Navy Tuiasosopo
Craig Ryan Ng
In contrast to his short, sharp fighting style, Seagal's presentation of the human conflicts and underlying issues consists of vague, sweeping gestures.
You can't preach about preserving the environment and make movies full of sludge.
The less said about Joan Chen, the better. To say that her talents are wasted is to understate the matter.
Martial arts maven Seagal has long been on deadly ground with critics, and this, his directorial debut, is likely to keep him there.
As a performer, Seagal is singularly lacking in grace and charisma. As a director, he more than lives up to his ham-fisted acting.
A vanity project in the strongest sense of the term, this film has it all: bad acting, bad writing, bad direction, bad action sequences.
Just what the world needs, environmental lessons from Steven Seagal.
In the end, you want a good movie with message about ecology and how to preserve human nature? Forget it; go to a Green peace conference.
Certain things must be answered, like Seagal's environmental lip service that is utterly mocked by the movie's need to blow things up and destroy property.
Audience Reviews for On Deadly Ground
- Homer Carlton: You better watch it, sweetheart. Talking like that'll get you killed.
- Stone: My guy in D.C. tells me that we are not dealing with a student here, we're dealing with the Professor. Any time the military has an operation that can't fail, they call this guy in to train the troops. He's the kind of guy that would drink a gallon of gasoline so he could piss in your campfire! You could drop this guy off at the Arctic Circle wearing a pair of bikini underwear, without his toothbrush, and tomorrow afternoon he's going to show up at your pool side with a million dollar smile and fist full of pesos. This guy's a professional, you got me?
- Hugh Palmer: You use to be a good man Forrest. Now, you're nothing but a whore!
- Forrest Taft: For $350,000, I'll fuck anything once!
- Forrest Taft: Anybody else want to play with cupcake?
There are no discussion threads for On Deadly Ground yet.