In his eventual Academy Awards career retrospective I do hope Michael Caine's role as Jennings is featured as the centerpiece, the crown jewel of his long and illustrious career.
And now, reasons why this movie is awesome:
1. Seagal blows up an oil rig
2. Seagal proves himself to be a true Inuit warrior
3. Seagal vs. Bear
4. Michael Caine's caribu tantrum
5. Seagal beats up an entire bar in order to teach one man a lesson in tolerance
6. Old man in said bar fight tries to throw a weak punch at Seagal and gets owned
6.5. Guys in bar fight who yell: "I'll cut you!" and "MY NUTS!"
7. Seagal survives being in an enormous explosion
8. Dr. Cox from Scrubs pistol wips some eskimos
9. Liles: "Alaska IS a third world country, it's just one we happen to own"
10. Seagal's "the hocus pocus spirit world won't save us now" speech.
11. "Seagal's "background is so top secret it doesn't even flag top secret when you run his jacket"
12. Seagal blows up another oil rig
13. Lee Ermy with one of the best lines in a Seagal film:
"Any time the military has an operation that can't fail, they call this guy in to train the troops, OK? He's the kind of guy that would drink a gallon of gasoline so he could piss in your campfire! You could drop this guy off at the Arctic Circle wearing a pair of bikini underwear, without his toothbrush, and tomorrow afternoon he's going to show up at your pool side with a million dollar smile and fist full of pesos. This guy's a professional, you got me? If he reaches this rig, we're all gonna be nothing but a big goddamned hole right in the middle of Alaska. So let's go find him and kill him and get rid of the son of a bitch!"
14. Billy Bob Thornton gets blowed up.
15. Seagal's "save the planet" speech at the end.