On Moonlight Bay Reviews

½ April 19, 2010
½ January 28, 2008
I had more patience for musicals as a kid and I did see this many moons ago, but I enjoyed the corny innocence that we invent to coincide with nostalgia.
½ October 13, 2013
On Moonlight Bay is a wonderful, light-hearted musical, drama, comedy, and romance film set during World War I. This film is absolutely bursting at the seams with energy from not only the script, but especially from the cast led by the lovely Doris Day who carries the film - though her co-stars are no slackers either. The musical numbers are fun, the humor is absolutely hilarious, and it has the right sprinklings of drama as well. It's a fantastic musical that's hard not to love and to laugh at because it's such a fun film. If you love a good musical, this is one worth checking out.
½ September 3, 2013
Tuesday, September 3, 2013

(1951) On Moonlight Bay
ROMANTIC MUSICAL DRAMA

As far as I know there were two successful musicians who had stories built around there songs. And that is Elvis Presley and the other which my parents like listening to is Doris Day which the thin plot about the fibs told by Marjorie Winfield's (Doris Day) little brother Wesley (Billy Gray) leading to many assumptions since she's fallen in love with her good looking neighbor, William Sherman (Gordon MacRae) who lives across the street. If there is any reason to see this movie, that is to see Doris Day lip synch some of her songs that were popular at the time. This is one of two movies re-using the same cast. Although my parents loved Doris Day, I on the other hand thought her songs were much more effective on a Bugs Bunny cartoon which I didn't know that those songs came from Doris Day the singer until after I had seen this movie. But in terms of films, I haven't learned anything more than I finished watching it.

2 out of 4 stars
½ April 15, 2012
Classic Doris Day! And one of her first appearances. You'll fall in love with this family and maybe especially her little brother who is so real to life. Doris shines through with such innocence (actually the whole movie does) that you will be glad you spent the time on this one.
½ May 13, 2011
On Moonlight Bay is a charming film. It is about the new girl in town who falls in love with the boy across the street. The music is great and pleasant to listen to. Doris Day and Gordon MacRae give excellent performances. The screenplay is well written and sweet. Roy Del Ruth did a good directing this movie. I enjoyed this motion picture because of the music and romance. On Moonlight Bay is a must see.
½ August 10, 2005
70/100. This is a very sweet musical, with the wonderfully wholesome Doris day. Some very pleasant songs and musical bits. Good production. It's not really my kind of movie, but it's so well done and the cast is terrific. Fine support from Rosemary DeCamp, Ellen Corby and Mary Wickes.
½ October 22, 2006
:D i love doris day with gordon mcrae. this is a gem. :up: