Once Upon a Forest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Once Upon a Forest Reviews

½ May 4, 2009
OMG this is childhood FAVORITE!! I've seen it so many times I've memorized the lines!!
July 9, 2007
Oi vei. The animation is fairly shoddy, mixed with a mind-numbing script and Michael Crawford's RIDICULOUS "r"-rolling = avoid if at all possible.
August 26, 2012
When it comes to movies that are more aimed toward children but still have an adult message behind it, I have some lofty expectations: smooth animation, a strong soundtrack, and a great plot. What this movie lacks from other ones I've seen lately is a strong voice cast - and I read some reviews that linked this movie with Fern Gully, which was OVERLY cheesy and ridiculous - but when I watched this with an open mind and heart, I put all that aside and was actually quite impressed. Aside from one sort-of over the top scene where birds sing in some sort of revival, you have to look at the overlying themes to truly appreciate this film: the innocence but loving and togetherness of childhood, the effects of our actions on the environment, and the efforts ones will undertake to save their fellow kind, no matter what the cost. If you look past the head-scratchers and eventually put the pieces together, you'll develop a stronger understanding of this movie, just like I did. Happy endings eventually abound and the major lesson is this: Hope springs eternal, if you just believe. "Once Upon A Forest" should leave you with warmth in your heart, lessons in your mind, and a sense that you can do anything you put your mind to with a little faith.
½ January 19, 2012
I hated this movie as a kid, and I hate it now. Like all environmentalist films, it's just boring and preachy. And whose bright idea was it to have a girl's parents get killed by a toxic gas spill in a children's film? This movie just scared and upset me as a kid. I will admit, I love the song Michael Crawford sings toward the beginning. Other than that, this movie just flat-out sucks.
½ March 3, 2009
I loved it when I was younger.... And I love it now! If I ever have children I hope they will love this movie just as much as I do.
½ December 11, 2007
I used to love this movie! I cant even remember anyhting about it except i think its kinda sad...wow i need to see this again lol
October 6, 2007
Like 'Ferngully', 'Once Upon a Forest' spells out the same message ? forest creatures are good and man and his destructive fumes and bulldozers are bad. The message is spelled out in this movie in these terms: the fuzzy woodland heroes are herbal vegetarians and man is a meat-eating source of environmental apathy.
September 18, 2007
I FRICKEN LOVED this movie as a kid. I can't tell you how many times I rented it. That being said, the rating is totally based on my opinion of it about ten years ago
½ September 15, 2007
omg i totally forgot about his movie! My little cousin andi watched this all the time back in the day. I love it!
April 23, 2007
I only remember bits and pieces, but I remember LOVING this movie as a little kid. My mom thought it was annoying, though, so I don't know. The pieces I remember are cheesy but fun.
March 21, 2007
I remember watching this movie when i was little and i liked the idea of animals having little houses and being able to talk!
January 9, 2007
My FAVORITE animated movie. Mainly because I loved it when I was little. But it's also very pretty animation.
CloudIsAMonkey
June 26, 2006
Can you say, "Childhood Scarring?" okay okay, it wasn't that bad, it was moving... and sad. And I thinlk everythind scared me bad then anyways. Especially that show about the tooth guy. ...i so yeah I actually liked it I have to admit... Makes you think about how much them humans suck.
June 30, 2006
my mom was horrified when I came home one day telling her about this movie, but we both love it. The little animals are so cute!
June 30, 2006
Hot dang. I used to watch this movie like crazy when I was really young. And I was like the only one in my family who really liked it. Man, THIS brings back memories...
December 7, 2015
I'm not really sure why this has so many negative reviews. I just watched it with 2/3 of my children yesterday (ages 6 and 8) and we all really enjoyed it. To start with, the animation was fantastic. The plot was interesting and kept everyone watching from start to finish. The "message" of the film was not, to me, heavy-handed or pushy, especially compared to Fern Gully, which came out around the same time. And yes, there was one part involving the death of two characters that was a bit "harsh", but this is certainly not the first animated film to do that and definitely not the last either.
½ August 10, 2015
Simply horrible, this movie has no redeeming qualities, the animation isnt up to par with other movies of the time the story is a retread on what we've seen before and the characters are terribly designed and completely unlikable. stay away from this mess
March 23, 2015
A great childhood favorite.. It might not have top notch animation, story, or amazing characters, but definitely not for the faint of heart. Still an adorable movie a lot of kids can enjoy. I sure did. A few critics can't change that!
December 24, 2014
A story so strong and emotional, full of rich characters, about significance of nature and struggle for survival. An incredible journey where three kids risk everything willing to do anything to save their friend.Simply, a beautiful character development that shows the viewers how beautiful a true friendship is. Along the gorgeous scenery and powerful inspiring conversations, the story underlines the importance of knowledge and education.
September 7, 2011
Un clásico de infancia y solo eso es lo que "Once Upon a Forest" es ahora, pero después no es nada más.