92% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

88% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
44% Working the Engels: Season 1

One for the Money Reviews

September 11, 2013
Watching it...now...really good...great chemistry!!
September 6, 2013
Watching Katherine Heigl in One for the Money is painful, because its like watching someone's career die right before your eyes. She's a dedicated actress, even dedicated to the stupidest of roles. Unfortunately of all her films this has the stupidest of roles in it because One for the Money fails to choose between being a romantic comedy and a crime thriller, without succeeding in either area and failing at being a hybrid of both due to a script which is as funny as Schindler's List and directional work from Julie Anne Robinson who would have better luck demolishing the walls of the Guantanamo Bay detention camp with a toothpick than she would have directing a film. Unfortunately, she traps Katherine Heigl in a prison of her own in One for the Money and knocks her down to a point where she will have a limited time to prove herself as an actress again before she becomes so typecast in terrible movies that she will have to begin appearing nude to maintain commercial success as an actress. There is a brief moment in One for the Money where we see foreshadowing of that with Katherine Heigl appearing nude in the shower although covering herself up, and it is damned hot, but considering its the single memorable scene in this lackluster attempt to ruin Katherine Heigl's career which almost succeeds in that section due to the requirements of no talent for the cast and crew involved next to everything else being completely messed up.
September 5, 2013
Just a putrid film. Generic, lifeless, amateurish at times. Awful Joisey accents. Awful, brain-dead script. Risible dialogue, especially the voice over narration. So bad at times it causes you physical pain.
January 30, 2012
If you compare the movie to the book it left me feeling like I'd lost some chunks and the casting left me wanting. However, if you just see it for the movie, its good
August 25, 2013
Horrible movie. I think we need to take up a collection for Heigl to keep her in the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed and let her film career pass away.
November 8, 2012
I liked the book better.
August 18, 2013
Just because of Katherine...She deserves better!...
August 17, 2013
I want to be a gorgeous Katherine Heigl from Joisey....
August 12, 2013
Boring and dissapointing.
August 8, 2013
Kind of liked it, even though it's not a great movie. Apperantly you can get away with anything if you're cute enough.. maybe not the best message to send out but..
July 31, 2013
It was an awesome and hilarious movie. One of my favorites.
January 30, 2012
I guess I can't call the movie sexist as it was largely produced, directed and written by women. So I'll settle for calling it dull, corny and amateurish instead. I say SKIP IT!!!
March 1, 2012
2%?? I want to see it just to see how bad it is.
July 11, 2013
This isnt the worst film ever, in fact its quite entertaining for what it is. Just think of Gerard Butler's "Bounty Hunter" and youve pretty much got this flick. Katherine Heigl is good in the lead role as a bounty hunter who must catch Joe Morelli (Jason O'Mara) to get a huge pay day. Critics are a bit unfair but hey they are with everything these days
July 21, 2013
Janet Evanovich's successful novels are brought to the big screen in this film featuring Heigl as the lead character, Stephanie Plum. From the first moment, I never bought this depiction of the novice bounty hunter. Heigl just seems overmatched when playing an action star (see my review of Killers). The story just seems to take illogical turns and the characters are very inconsistent. I did like the rapport between Heigl and her bounty, played by television star O'Mara. Their relationship was a little too cute for me considering the unique situation they were in. This film ended up playing out like a slightly worse version of the Aniston/Butler movie, The Bounty Hunter, with the roles reversed, of course.
July 17, 2013
Funny, silly and girlie. Not too serious and does not take itself seriously. A good flick after a long, serious day at work. Goes with Chardonnay and dessert wines equally.
July 17, 2013
Pretty good, funny, I like Katherine Heigl shes funny to watch.
July 14, 2013
Why do movies insist on these cheezy New Jersey accents? It is so awful. I cannot even think of one movie where they insisted on using that accent that did not make me cringe. This was very much a made for TV movie. I enjoy these books, and have read most of Janet Evanovich's books. They are a fun fast read. The movie however did not capture that feeling.
July 11, 2013
whoever picked the actors and actresses for this one did a great job. This is right on the mark, and the books are all great too. I hope they make more of the series.
May 17, 2012
It's the first in a book series by janet evanovich, books were very good, not sure if im going to like the movie though, most don't live up to their written word glory