Movies Like Dead Silence (Silence) (The Only Witness)

65% Hercules Jul 25

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Dead Silence (Silence) (The Only Witness) Reviews

MovieQueen79
April 10, 2013
It felt like a tv show. Not that good though but the little girl was adorable. Nice to see Tony Todd and Kristy Swanson in this but it still wasn't good. Pass this one.
Radona
February 13, 2008
[B]I would say -the movie is not scary at all. I know they CAN make scary movies in America using some sound and visual effects and the cameraman talents...but this is not the case.=)And don't forget the classic never going-out-of-fashion moment when the hero relaxes his vigilance and the shadow comes up accompanied with spooky music, who-of course- turns out to be a friendly creature.=)
What upset me was the Tony Todd's character, the senator who initially ordered the murder:I suppose it IS the character's not the actor's fault that makes him utter the lines with such a bombast, more suitable for fairy tales...His voice is the scariest thing in the entire film.=)))
Kristy Swanson (the psychologist , helping the girl) certainly beautifies the film, can't say much about her acting though. I'd say - decent, 'cause many say she was not expressive enough, but I'm not sure whether psychologist is supposed to turn somersaults or something. And I'm afraid there's nothing efficient I can say about other performances. Anyway, a mustsee thing for Daveigh Chase's fans- she's cute (for me - provokingly cute).
Vladimir Kulich finally gets a fair number of juicy close-ups after the lead in the 13th warrior ...and yeah, he plays a baddy...AGAIN. Anyway, he makes a charming and sensible villian, who cold-heartedly kills a number of people and at the same time gets deeply moved seeing kids playing(funny the script brings together him and those kids too often,if not TOOOOOOOO often, which is imho an awfully primitive way to emphasize his selective sensibility). However he is to kill the only witness (little D. Chase) but unfortunately (both for the actors' fans and for the plot, which is a way over predictible since the very beginning) gets shot half an hour before the end...and I must admit, dies gracefully. And- oh- no one had yet mentionted NEARLY a romantic relationship of Kulich's character and the senator's secretary. (...but surely not SO romantic as his kiss with Charisma Carpenter in the guise of infamous Beast=))He also drives a PINK car and likes cookies.=)
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][/B]