Open Season Reviews

½ March 22, 2007
Decent family fare. Had some good moments but not my favorite.
Directors Cat
½ November 4, 2011
It's good if your bored. Open Season is funny at times but ultimately its far far too silly with a poor amount of witty humour apart from the teddy bear picnic song joke.
January 22, 2011
Fine animation, fine voices. I didn't mind!
DreamExtractor
½ March 5, 2011
Funny but too much toilet humor for kids. If it was more mature and the jokes were better, this would've been great.
michael e.
December 22, 2010
a very funny, well animated, well acted, and well thought out film that will appeal to all ages of viewers
Movie Monster
½ September 11, 2010
Ashton Kutcher's character did make the film a little funny but not entirely. Open Season has unimpressive animation and a weak story. This is not memorable and it is forgettable.
July 29, 2010
B-
Kyle F.
July 28, 2010
Clever as heck, with great animation and direction, open season should be a standard for animated films.
½ November 9, 2006
I liked it. This made me giggle...
½ November 7, 2007
This is good for one reason only, the look and style. There seems to be a Tex Avery thing going on in there, based on those classic Warner cartoons with Wil E Coyote, Bugs, Daffy etc...it looks lovely and very different from other efforts. Thats it though, the characters are annoying, especially the squirrels and the voice cast are poor, could have been so much better.
½ October 5, 2006
I wish it was Open Season on whoever made this pile of crap. Honestly the mere sound of Ashton Kutcher's voice sends me into a blind, berserker rage so my opinion may be a tad skewed here. I started Open Season truly hating it. The characters were annoying, the cast was awful and Gary Sinise was playing Ted Nugent. (Nice jab at that waste of life, by the way...) The Paul Westerberg soundtrack (I know the man has children so I'm not going to begrudge the man's reasons for making the music for the movie as they're probably the same reasons I watched it) and a few legitimately funny parts thawed me out eventually. Open Season isn't particularly good but you can always say its better than Twilight.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 23, 2007
this was a decent flick. i dont care for ashton kutcher and martin lawrence is hit and miss, but they were both good as the main voices. it had a good story and a few funny moments, my son thought it was funny. better than i thought it would be and definitely worth watching if you have nothing better to do.
½ August 18, 2009
I was thrilled at the idea of seeing this movie soon as I saw the previews. I love the lifelike animated movies, but this one wasn't one of my favorites....Over The Hedge is much better.
January 22, 2007
Although the trailer implied a much more subversive humor than the film actually has to offer after all it is clearly a movie for kids and does not have much to offer for adult viewers. The story is rather simple, the main characters and their love-hate-friendship have been seen many times before, only the quirky minor (animal) characters add a little variation and brought a couple of smiles to my face. I can't really say I laughed out loud a lot, though. That being said, the movie is probably a riot for smaller kids, especially the final "battle" of animals vs hunters has a lot to offer for the intended audience (and at least a few "Braveheart" references for the older viewers). But being at least somewhat of a grown up, I felt I had seen all this before and better.
FiLmCrAzY
½ September 4, 2007
i love this animated family fun movie
this is funny and has a point to the storyline ma animated movies theres no reall point to them and this does and doesnt disappoint and is a genuin good funny movie really worth a watch!!
½ February 11, 2009
Open Season a couple of laugh out loud parts, but otherwise this is your typical animated film with a message about hunting. Once again my standard answer is kids will like it.
Gx7
May 21, 2008
Okay, you caught me, I watch kiddie movies every now and then. >;P'

Hahaha! That porcupine was just too cute!! and those bunnies! Are just so weird man! lol!!
January 1, 2008
Get over the fact that its more hip hop piled in to a film (only the voices though) and the rest is very funny. Would be nice if they released the film in two different voice over variations . I just wish they did.
½ September 3, 2007
Pretty good for a cartoon. I actually laughed out loud at some of the jokes, something I don't usually do.
June 25, 2007
Great animation, but Sony Animation studies can't compete with Pixar and Dreamworks when it comes to characters and storytelling.