Open Season 2 (2008)
In this sequel to the animated adventure Open Season, Elliot (Joel McHale) and Giselle (Jane Krakowski) are about to get married when a group of pampered pets dognap Mr. Weenie (Cody Cameron) and attempt to return him to his human owners. Mr. Weenie is missing, and now it's up to Elliot, Boog (Mike Epps), and McSquizzy (Billy Connolly) to rescue their old friend from toy poodle Fifi (Crispin Glover) and his gang of domesticated thugs. But these creeps aren't about to give up Mr. Weenie without a
Jan 27, 2009
Sony Pictures Entertainment
Watch It Now
Like the previous film, it doesn't take itself too seriously. It's not high art, but it's fun and silly for kids and families.
Kids will like it, but adults will wonder, to steal a line from an old TV commercial, "Where's the beef?"
Even though it's cursed with a small budget and a complete overhaul of the voice cast, Season 2 is a gentle charmer, yet even more importantly, it's practically A Night at the Opera compared to the first film.
Extras on the Blu-ray disc include interview and behind the scenes clips with the voice talent, three deleted scenes and a 'how to draw' piece.
- Mr. Weenie: [Getting taken away by Bob and Bobbie] No! No!
- Elliot: [Terrified, witnessing all this] Noooo!
- Elliot: Giselle!
- Boog: Hey, Roberto, my main man! I appreciate the help out there!
- Giselle: Hey, guys. Room for one more?
- Boog: For sure.
- Elliot: Isn't this great, Boog?
- Boog: What's great?
- Elliot: Well, not great that Weenie's been kidnapped, but great that we're livin' life on the edge! It's just like old times! Two guys, out on the road!
- McSquizzy: Hey, does anyone know where we are? [No answer] Eh! Didn't think so!
There are no discussion threads for Open Season 2 yet.
- Amigos salvajes 2 (ES)